WTB 6880 or larger motor

If you have two 6880 or larger motor that fit 63xx mount, lmk!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Are these battle hardened as well?

No they are not, I dont know any manufactory that does that. They have a extra big bearings so they hold better for hard riding then 6374. Maytech(that made this) is one of the best motor manufactory for esk8

1 Like

Thanks. Wanted to know if that was something you guys did too in shop.

1 Like

No sorry, the time it would take would make the price atleast 2x higher and no one would buy that

2 Likes

There is a small mistake in this statement :wink:

Yes they dont own the manufactory, but what would you call them if not that?

1 Like

Idk, reseller maybe.
Unfortunately maytech started to have fluctuations in quality in the last time. They still sell pretty good stuff, but you might get unlucky from time to time.
So good we have vendors like you who take care in case there are issues with the motors.
It’s always a pain to claim any warranty stuff to China a single small man.

1 Like

Are you sure?
The 6374 closed Maytech have battle hardened cans by factory. So I would assume the 6880 have epoxy between the magnets, too.

The @torqueboards TB6380 come with a light battle hardening already.

2 Likes

I would buy that.

But if the price was 2x higher then the rotor better be dutch-pinned onto the shaft and there better not be a setscrew/grubscrew anywhere in the entire motor and hopefully the bearings have the biggest balls possible, or possibly more smaller ones.

1 Like

Thanks for the lookout! I bought some 190kv 6880’s. I might need some lower kv ones so i’l keep your website in mind!

@mmaner @Dareno @anorak234 you guys can close this thread, please.

3 Likes

A little bit, yes. I mean mine from 2016 (Overion) are light hardening (and still working like a beast since then).