Wtb 6384 or bigger motors

Frchobby motors, another option

1 Like

i looked into that. i have heard of them but never checked them out.

the 8085 is awfully tempting… it appears to be the supplier of the aps 8085 motors.

1 Like

In the last fee days flipsky has added some new 80mm+ sized motors. This is conveinent

It is unless their quality bites you. Frchobby at some point supplied APS, those big uns need to have the shaft chopped at one end, I think they do custom

If you want cost effective and nutty power, there you go

1 Like

That adequately describes my needs.

The flipsky ones are the same as the aps and frchobby as well. Since this board will be abused i will have to battle harden any motors i get. As long as the quality is decent regardless of loose magnets then it will be a good buy

1 Like

Yeah I think special sauce is hardening, go big on knowledge of that and super epoxy

Oh but once you trip up onto the realms of 80xx there is no escaping the weight. The power from a dual would be akin to a 125 :motorcycle: not sure you would use all the juice, ask yourself if you max out the Baja and wished it had more, then have another think about the 63xx ones. The 63100 is rated for 4500w I think

1 Like

You dont happen to be interested in fs 8085 motors do you? A small group purchase would lower the price a fair bit im sure

1 Like

I wish you wouldn’t put me in temptations way

Yes

Shaft chop and stepped down to 10mm, direct ship to each GB person

Don’t want to say anything with it, just be aware if you buy a 8085 APS style this is the real stator size compared to 6384

8 Likes

By the way, what happened with all the 6880 maytech custom 140kV group buys? :thinking:

3 Likes

Once they were opened up and shown to be 6374 with an extra bearing at the end it was kinda like waking up sober with an umpa-lumpa who seemed cute in the club.

Your pic above is sobering as well. Not sure of the math of it in terms of power delivery and if this is all 80xx motors or just yours. How do they get their power ratings?

6 Likes

I‘m no motor expert and unfortunately I haven’t had enough time to change set ups to have a good comparison between them, so I just wanted to post how they look inside. All 8085 which build like the aps motors are very likely that size. The big bearing in the front takes much space in the overall length of the motor. Due to this the stator size is like 15mm shorter than the one on a 6384 motor. I personally would go 80100 if you decide to go that big. There is a magnificent weight difference in the 63 to 80 motor size. If to take this in account better go real big than have something inbetween. Just my thoughts thou

2 Likes

Was thinking this if 80xx

http://www.freerchobby.cc/e_productshow/?21-2017-MP-8085-KV170--outrunner-brushless-motor--for-E-bike-21.html

A customised GB of this would pique my interest

1 Like

It’s pretty much the one you can see on my pictures. In case you start a customized GB some things I can recommend. Get a retsining ring, get more epoxy on the magnets, get temp sensor (they come only with hall sensors), get silicon phase wires, get quality bearings and get a warranty.

2 Likes

Sound advice thanks. I think requesting a picture of the stator against a ruler may be a starting place, future forward the other stuff makes a lot of sent

And 10awg superworm phases for huge juice

1 Like

I can promise you the stator will not be longer. There is literally not more space in the bell for a longer stator.

That’s all you get.

There is a lot of space for more copper on the stator though.

3 Likes

Have thought about going completly custom? Highend magnets ect.

Without a giant order $$$$$

Typically the Chinese factories don’t use the curved magnets n42(I think) and the good high temp epoxy because they cost multiple times more than the cheap shit

well there are “cheaper methods” bigger magnets for one, rotor made out of mild steel.

1 Like

Custom to these factories would encompass changes to wiring, shaft and kv. Otherwise $$$ again and big big order