Wowgo 3 Battery Swap question.

As I close in on completing my first two DIY builds I realize that my son’s Wowgo3 range is never gonna cut it.

Is there and reason not to use a 10S4P 50E pack for this? I know it only delivers 40A but I seriously doubt the Hobbywing ESC is gonna pull anywhere near that.

It seems to me that gives the best possible range in that battery size if performance isn’t the goal.

only problem would only be, how u gonne fit 40 21700 cells in that enclosure if u r thinking to reuse that.

That battery will run a little low on current still, you will get voltage sag on hills. That battery case will only do 10s4p 18650 or 12s3p 21700 at best I think

1 Like

Just go p42a cells in the config mentioned up

I definitely would make a new enclosure. Would 5P help? Or are the 50E basically good for 8P+ packs?

40T is the alternative I guess.

I mean it does depend on the motors but I’d go for 5p, or P42A which has good stats all around

if he is using wowgo3’s hub, then 4p of p42a is good enough, those hub drain at best 15A per side during high load, that’s the set limit of hobbywing’s esc

I’m selling a 10s3p Samsung 30t battery + enclosure combo that fits vanguard shaped decks :eyes::eyes:

I got 11 miles out of it when my consumption was 15 wh/km

1 Like

It is just the hub motors. I was aiming for 30 miles of range to keep it on par with my other boards

Imo you’re absolutely correct here. And will have no issues with that pack. It’s going to be quite heavy, but the range is going to be quite a lot. So if its for your son, depending on age, I might consider 35E.

You’re going to notice sag on the pack tho. At 60% it will be noticable and at 30% it won’t be a whole lot of fun anymore.

Thanks for the replies all. I think the disadvantages of the low amp output of the 50E outweigh the bonus extra 1000 mah. Will probably go Moli.

1 Like