Witchblade GTD | dropthru | gear drives | adjustable baseplates

building out this witchblade gtd i pressed a couple weeks ago. it took me a minute to get the dropthru cutout correct for the 3D Servisas adjustable base plates. i have some red anodize gear drives and hangers coming. The enclosure will fit a 12S4P 21700 or a 12S5P 18650 pack and have enough room for a dual drive / twin ESC. I’ve got the baseplates at max split right now and once i get the hangers on and get it running ill let you know what i end up with.

33 Likes

Your stuff is always awesome I feel like I’m at a rock concert when I see your work🤙

4 Likes

The lack of deck material left after the cutouts concerns me. Hope its strong enough :grimacing:

4 Likes

it’s canadian maple. I’m going to take plenty of pics before I ride the shit out of it, but rest assured, i’m going to ride the shit out of it. So far the dropthru I did for the kahuas has been solid, but it does indeed have more meat on it than these do.

6 Likes

Curious to see the results. Plenty of decks run with an open drop thru so it should be fine I spose, but the concern is still there. Good luck!

2 Likes

That’s kind of where I’ve been taking my cues. I see bustin leaving very little meat so I have to wonder.

2 Likes

I absolutely love that enclosure, is that your own work or Eboosteds?

3 Likes

@eBoosted made these for me. I have several left. I’ve been thinking about pressing decks and selling the decks with the enclosures. Pre mounted with all hardware and no thread locker of course.

10 Likes

Pretty interesting looking deck! Do you enjoy the flat shape? @longhairedboy

3 Likes

its not flat. It has a soft dome w concave that cups either your foot’s ball or heel, depending on your stance. Personally, I love it. I made it for me, but I’ve found that other people like it.

the shape also leaves more room in the enclosure, while drastically reducing flex.

5 Likes

By flat I meant no drop in the deck like say the hummie etc. I can definitely see the concave !!

2 Likes

Ah. Yes originally the mold was for top mount with my wire channels.

1 Like

Looks great man ! Plus your work is un matched !

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the end result ! Post pics when your done

1 Like

They will sell like hotcakes!

3 Likes

what bushings do you use ?

PU ones.

Sorry could not resist :rofl:
PS: killer board Overlord.

1 Like

Those are riptide 95A barrels on there right now

1 Like

These are adjustable plates, so why also the angle in deck? Going more than 35 degrees? Also, why the pivot swap? Any secrets I need to know?

The deck was already angled, I’ve been using this deck shape for over 5 years now. this time I machined in a recess over the drop through cutout to level it. The base plates are level, so there’s no angle coming from the deck as far as the trucks are concerned.

I like riptide pivot cups.