Wiring Schematic Help

I believe that’s how most loopkeys are set up.

XT90M-E boardside with the XT90S loopside.

The exposed live Male pins are fine in this case as if there’s a “short” your board just turns on.

Plus, it’s easier to replace the key than the socket in the event your antispark does it’s job.

1 Like

Ya this is how I see it too, in normal operation, the pins will always be covered, and shorted together

3 Likes

I’m not on about the loopkey, i don’t think I’ve communicated well. Let me show you a diagram:

2 Likes

If you’re asking if you can put male on the battery side, electrically it would work but it’s dangerous to put male connectors on a battery. If you have a loopkey in the circuit, an antispark connector here won’t even help you at all.

I suggest an XT90 (female, non-antispark) or an XT90S (female, antispark, with green stripe) on the battery side and then plug into that with a male XT90. If you have a loopkey it doesn’t matter which female connector you use, whichever one you have in stock.

The loopkey needs to have an XT90S, and preferably as the “key” side, not the “chassis” side.

1 Like

Updated schematic:

3 Likes

Unless you have a Unity with backwards connectors (you don’t, as you mention XT60…) then the gender of those are backwards. Unity should have the male connector.

Got it, cheers :wink:

1 Like