will these tires fit these hubs?

Hi all! I was wondering if these mbs hubs would fit these nova tires.
tires I want. Nova Tires | 7in 175mm 150x50 Esk8 Tires — MBoards
xl hubs I want. MBS Rockstar Pro II XL Alum Hub – Bronze - Fits 8, 9, and 10" Tires — MBS.COM
these are the non xl version of the hubs. MBS Rockstar Pro II Alum Hub - Bronze - Fits 6, 7, and 8" Tires (ea.) — MBS.COM
I dont want to have to return a set of hubs because I bought the wrong ones! These would be going on a lorentz major v2. Thanks for any input!

Yes they’d fit. On the XL’s the face of the rim would stick out past the tire a bit because the tire sits on the inner bead. On the non-XL’s they’d be flush up against it (looks better IMO)

3 Likes

Thank you very much!!

What are some other good eskate hub brands that would fit these 7” tires?

MBS is probably the most popular, but you can also get Tomiboi Hubba hubs, Xcell wheels, Newbee, Trampa. It depends what pulley or gear drives you’re using - you want to make sure the hubs are compatible. Most common bolt pattern is MBS (80.3mm diameter bolt circle) or Trampa (71.2mm diameter bolt circle)

1 Like

i’m running the nova 175’s on mbs xl’s right now. they fit and balance really well.

1 Like

Those look good! I think i may try that setup!

1 Like

Thank you for the pics and video!

Thank you!. I believe the lorentz fits the mbs hubs!

I prefer the colors of the trampa hubs. It more closely matches the gold on the lorentz motors and trucks. But as far as im aware it would be a different bolt pattern.

@ChrisLips would know the proper bolt pattern for the Lorentz

3 Likes

Thanks dude! I believe @1stboard and I connected on the phone today and sorted things out. Sadly Lorentz bolt pattern isnt MBS or Trampa, but we have made adapters to fit our wheels to other boards and I’ve seen others make adapters to fit their wheels to our boards.

3 Likes

Yup indeed thank you!!

Hay man, whats the grip and ride feel like on these

they grip really well, i actually raced them at esk8con and they performed very well. there were a couple times where i lost traction, only one where i fell but every time, it was because of a defect in the track. probably gonna be my daily tires from now on, until they release the 8in ones lol.

this is what they look like now. very little wear on em so far. i would love to see a wider tire from them in the future tho, 70-90mm would be nice.

4 Likes

here’s a pic of the rear

Would prefer a 200mm also but i rekon ill get a set of these shiped over just for gigs. They look like theyve held up well to tough conditions.

Muchly appreciated

2 Likes

I really dig my 175mm Novas so far. Would love a 200mm and slightly wider version too

1 Like

they’re planning on a 200mm and possibly a wider version of it in the future along with a host of other new stuff

3 Likes

I bought a set for my hurricane but will be waiting on the 8’s for the lorentz!

1 Like