will these cloudwheel donuts fit?

wanted to pick up some cloudwheels for the generic looking hub motors ive been using for like 2 years, on the website for cloudwheels the “616” kit looks like it should fit but wanted to ask for a second opinion

also are they usable on the occasional gravel road? dont expect it to be as usable as 200mm pneumatics but usable enough to get across

(ignore the bad angle lol only pic i had upclose)

1 Like

ight so i assume its a yes

Ive messed with the donuts on mepo hubs and imho traction isn’t better but rolling is. If the kuchunk from sidewalk expansion joints was something you had to pay attention to, with them (the 120mm) you can ignore them. With momentum i can cross gravel with paying attention to not sliding by unloading the front and not accelerating.

The difference between these donuts and 175mm pneumatic streets is astounding. What I would do at 5-10mph to be safe on the donuts or thanes i can safely do at 25mph.

Imho I wish I had spent the money on a cheap belt drive because though my awd hub board is much more capable with donuts, i still leave it at home if im not riding 100% groomed paved paths. Every time I didn’t I regretted it as connecting the dots between separate sections of good paths is where I’ve taken most of my falls.

Two sets of donuts for my awd easily could have got me a cheap 2wd belt driven out-runner setup on 6-7” pneumatics. Just my experience, add salt as needed

Fit of the donuts needs to be correct and I can’t comment on compatibility for your hubs, need way more info. If you email iwonder they will probably just say no they won’t fit, the donuts fit with an adapter sleeve between the hub and thane and if it doesn’t fit it will kinda self destruct pretty quickly.

They we’re having issues for a bit on the hubs i had and the sleeves would crack and break up in less than 10 miles of easy riding. Fixed now and they had to send me 4 different sets to get it right so good on them for that but diy without being good to ok with 3dprinting is going to be frustrating.

i have a mountainboard but it feels more like operating a motored vehicle than skating so even though its smoother i dont really use it often

Fair point, can you non destructively remove the urethane sleeve from your hub motors? If you can and get good measurements from it you can compare it to one of the supported hub motors for the donuts.

We all know that the generic hub motors coming out of china are frequently surplus or discontinued models from bigger manufacturers so you might get lucky, I would just be cautious as if you get one that doesn’t work you won’t get a lot of support from iwonder for dimensions or drawings. They have specifically refused to provide me with dimensions or drawings. I could put my calipers on my set that fit the meepo hubs if it looks like a match but the mepo hubs have 6? Tapered keys protruding from the motor to engage the urethane so probably not

1 Like

These will most likely fit. If your outside has bolts that is. These motors are also in a variant with no removable sleeves. This variant has weird metallic engravings on it.

If your hubs have this cap they do not fit for sure.

If they have a cap like this they do fit as far as i know.

2 Likes