[Wiki]Building a battery (SERIOUS)

Thanks, Bill! :blush:

2 Likes

hey guys, thanks for doing this. i just got my spot welder in the mail today for maletrics.
@KfromtheBay was kind enough to ship me dead cells to practice welding on. The only thing i havent ordered yet was nickle. I was reading the nickle chart, and trying to understand what nickle size is appropriate for batteries i intend to build, and it is a little confusing. My goal is get good enough to build a 21700 12s9p battery pack. The cells have a continuous discharge of 45A, i believe mooch had these batteries at 40a to be precise, according to what i read from others.
Is there someone who can break down the nickle chart in newb terms, or guide me in the right direction online to read? Id like to really learn the right and safe way to do it. Ive been reading a ton on this site, and it has been very informative. Thank you

Think the amount of amps and gauge of nickel used also matters, higher the amps the thicker the nickel should be, gauge of wire used for flat packs must also be adequate for the voltage and amps, fuses too

bump.

1 Like

making a note of some guidance about what to fishpaper:

1 Like