Why is there no VX1 Disconnection thread.

It seems like there was a batch early-mid summer that had horrible connectivity issues. Also the phone thing definitely causes disconnects. I just returned mine to amazon and got a new one that had no issues.

I would seriously give my post a read (linked above). has some useful info on how to prevent the cutouts and how to stay safe if one happens. Also, above all, WEAR A HELMET!!

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issues with the VX1 (using PPM with FSESC 6), I have several VX1ā€™s and this happens only on one of my boards, so maybe itā€™s a batch problem ? Same issue, when doing throttle or brake, all is good, but when in idle or stop , sometimes, the remote just disconnects (blinks) and a restart to the remote is required, doing restart to the board itself doesnā€™t help, only to the remote.

1 Like

I have a similar issue but a repairing is required. If I let the remote idle it unpairs. Not sure yet if itā€™s a remote or receiver problem.

Donā€™t buy a vx1 if you live anywhere that isnā€™t the middle of nowhere (suburbs count as this).

Imo the puck is the only available remote worthy of any kind of city riding.

2 Likes

Puck is awesome, however, having issues with itā€™s ergonomicsā€¦

Yeah, sucks that itā€™s a polarizing design. There have been cases made to try to fix this

1 Like

The perfection would be, the ergonomics of VX1 with the electric parts and trigger of da puck ā€¦

1 Like

8 Likes

Hey Guys. IĀ“m having a very similar problem with my VX1 remote. IĀ“m running it in PPM mode and for a couple of Weeks it was working perfect. However in the last 2 or three Weeks i had 4 times were it just disconnectet out of nowhere. It was never on at the same Location and one of the times i was also not in the city. ItĀ“s pretty rare but still happent from time to time. Also to mention is that the board and the remote both stay on during the connection lost. Also wenn i shut down the board and Power it back on it wont reconnect. It just reconnects when i power down and repower the remote. You guys have any Idea waht it could be. And also is there any Blackbox on the Unity to see what myght have happened.

1 Like

What happened is you arenā€™t using a strong signal remote. Doesnā€™t take much to get it to mess up.

Scary how many 30mph+ boards is used in

2 Likes