Why does everyone go gaga for FOCboxes?

They fix the issue with the ESC blowing when canbus becomes unplugged

6 Likes

We just let it at this statement

2 Likes

Oh yeah VESCs blowing up because of that is pretty stupid.

1 Like

I agree with all besides

If the fets blow they most likely take the pcb with them. No way to repair them besides you change the full pcb

1 Like

They don’t blow up because of this.
Just the can bus get fucked. You still can run them with dual receiver or y-split

1 Like

Is there a way to check which version a FOCbox is? Does it say it on the unit somewhere or do you have to check the hardware somehow? Thanks BTW everyone for contributing to this discussion!

1 Like

Take off the housing, its on the opposite side than the FETs

3 Likes

I always seem to choose the wrong time to buy stuff.

I want a vesc6 now. Trampa seems to innovate in something, TB soon releases a vesc based on the 6. If i buy one now, i’m already outdated once the new stuff comes out.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about having the latest toy, as long as what you get works well and is reliable. I almost went for a pair of unities during the easter sale, but instead just got some used focboxes (cause I could get them NOW). Best thing I did, I might still be waiting on them unities, instead I got to ride all summer. Maybe the unity is better, but my focboxes aren’t broken and to be honest I don’t care what’s inside the board as long as it works.

9 Likes

I gone an’ smoked myself retarded

3 Likes

Not sure what my next set of escs would be. I was able to get my unity really quick cuz I got it off of eBay lmfao. It arrived pretty fast. With some digging around I started to realize that shit was going down and did panic for a while.

In all honesty though I got this because it was my first build and with my research it led me to know that it would be the easiest to get into for now. With time and also whatever is out there I’ll maybe get something else down the line.

For the moment I’m relatively happy with my unity, with not issues yet so knock on wood.

We are making new neoBOX from this design. We expect ready for text in few week.

16 Likes

How are those neoBOXes coming?

you can follow here my friend neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 6 Design)

2 Likes

Neobox? That’s why they are making it now.

To @mmaner The AS switch and the smaller form factor of the unity does make it somewhat good for people who don’t want to deal finding another way to make a AS switch, or who has really cramped inside space.

Why to me?

1 Like

Post #25. :arrow_up:

1 Like

But all the points he made have nothing to do with my post (#44), plus it was months ago. I’m confused, but whatever.

2 Likes

I fucked it up. Edited. But yes, still many moons ago.

2 Likes

Makes more sense :grin:. Still seems like an odd reply, sooooooo long ago.

2 Likes