Why do you like a dual trigger remote?

It’s competing with like… everything except for phones. the 2.4ghz band is mostly open for things like wifi, bluetooth or whatever else you want. our phones are within the hundreds of Mhz range

lots of wifi at stadiums these days. fwiw.

Thinking about it tho idk if dual trigger remotes help with interference. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone send me a dual trigger zmote please.

two triggers, one receiver per trigger. you know the drill

If there’s 100,000 phones in a 1 sq mile area, doesn’t it follow that there is going to be a lot of wifi and bluetooth activity in that area also?

3 Likes

What is the cutout mode of the maytech? does it go to neutral on drop outs, or does it continue with last signal received?

So, sorta? In a stadium, most phones wouldn’t have an active wifi or Bluetooth connection, but theres certainly something. I just wanted to nitpick

The worst possible - it continues the last command, resulting in terrible braking or jerky acceleration lol

It does recover as soon as the competing signal is no longer present though

1 Like

that’s wild. So, in theory, if your remote ran out of battery while you were accelerating, your board would just continue to accelerate?

is it uart? uart remotes have that issue. you have to set the timeout to something lower than 500ms or it feels like it runs off.

Yep, in general there is a pretty strong correlation for qty of cell phone users to heavy WiFi noise. I was trying to clarify things in case someone is concerned about needing to be careful riding in a large park next to someone who is talking on their cell phone.

I don’t think that this is the right thread to voice this frustration… but… it’s shocking to me that it’s 2024 and we still don’t have an affordable & robust RX/TX solution for esk8. The technology exists and it’s not expensive.

Someone needs to bring to market:

• Remote with model memory (at least 10 models)
  • Switchable low frequency options 868MHz (Europe) / 915MHz (USA)
  • Use of frequency hopping technology
  • Telemetry
  • Programmable failsafe options
  • Diversity receivers (one should be a patch antenna)
  • < $100 cost to consumer

I’ve tried turning it off while running and it kills the output. But when signal was lost, I was in cruise control while hitting the brake and my butthole was puckered tighter than ever. I’ve begged @Agnes_Maytech to sort that out and she refuses so she is no longer invited to my birthday party.

Not sure about your phone, but mine also works well in the 2.4GHz band. I’m sending this message to you right now on the 2.4GHz band on my phone.

that’s evan’s point tho.

being around phones and their primary bands of communication. is less the issue than being around wifi networks. which those phones may or may not be using.

so off topic. if only i’d used the magic SRO token.

I never tried, but maybe

Uh I think so? I don’t remember

My first dual trigger remote is en route from Kamen, so I’ll report back here on how I like it.

Historically I’ve only used thumbwheel remotes, but I’ve tried the single trigger z.mote @Egtscs has and it was alright. I think I share @Evwan’s opinion, as someone with smaller hands it’s a bit annoying to extend my index for braking.

I’m really excited to try the dual trigger and really hoping that I love it because it pairs with Kamen’s DCDC converter to control my lights. :sweat_smile:

The way I see it, more throttle range/resolution can only be a good thing, provided you can adjust…

6 Likes

The bkb remote does this as well. Have been using a split trigger z.mote, and I’ve been loving it. Just wish it was slightly smaller

4 Likes

It’s by far the smallest split trigger, the Maytech and Vx3 are huge lol

3 Likes

Ha I found out this was the failure mode on my evolve gtr the hard way.
Remote died shortly after accelerating from a standstill. Still under power going 25mph, I had to bend down, turn off my board, and ride it out.