Who will be the new king when it comes to esc's?

Well there could be various reasons. Just because something works doesn’t mean it’s the best. For example, my TB 4.12’s work just fine, but when I upgraded to 4wd on that build, I got a MakerX DV4 because it’s tiny and it fit my needs.

Maybe you want to upgrade to be able to run more motor amps, maybe you want better FOC support, I don’t know really. I feel like this thread is most useful to like figure out what your next build’s ESC will be for rather than changing a setup that already works.

There’s a reason my old board with 2x focbox and FW 3.62 hasn’t been touched - it just works. The only thing I’ve done to it is change the wheels and batteries. Other than that, still going strong

5 Likes

We’ll be responsible for manufacturing defect. We don’t have much time to be here, just any issues, you can send mail to us.

I tested the Ubox with BLDC 6384 motor, 16s5P battery with loading. It can easily go up to 70A single channel. Due to limitation of the test battery and motors, the Ubox full potentiality has not been tested out yet. I’m super busy these days, when I have time, will drop a regenerative tested data in vesc tool here.
Here is some pics.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Sure take your time, you are starting a big thing :blush:
When ready just create a topic in the Vendors’ corner so you can explain all you are offering.
I see a potential BMS connection, 12V output and CANbus switch that are really intresting to know more about it and how to implement them in our boards.

1 Like

I will take a video to show the function with Ubox and explain the function without Ubox.
Just take some days later, you can check it in our web.

2 Likes

Thank you! I bought one already to test, I am looking forward to the delivery.

3 Likes

I think there won’t really be the need for a “king” in the next 2 years or so. Most 6.x based esc are pretty stable as they are on the average street build. On the higher end, the only question is how much are you willing to spend.

I do however see a rise in accessories and auxiliary controls being made available and compatible with vesc very soon.
If shredlights catches up and offers compatibility with the upcoming “headlight + horn controllers”, they’d probably win a large esk8 market that is too lazy to manually turn off 4 lights and charge. I see the functions offered out there, but i don’t see any horns, headlights, gps modules designed for our needs yet

3 Likes

How did you mount the camera on the rear of the board?