Who makes a loopkey out of these?

Shit, does that mean I can’t actually use the XT 90 connectors I bought for my dual FESC 6.6? It does 200 A continuous but then can handle 800 A bursts. I don’t think I’ll be pulling 800 amps but there is always a chance I’ll mess up some setting and it’ll briefly pull well above 300 amps.

Says whom? The person who wants you to buy it so they make money?

I would approach that cautiously.

1 Like

The ratings are directly written on the unit itself

Also there is no need to attack me for buying an FESC as I bought it used from a member on here and not from the flipsky site. I just wanted any known working VESC based ESC that I knew would be beefy enough to handle anything I’d ever use it for and it fit my needs. With how expensive VESCs are I wanted something I’d never need to upgrade.

1 Like

No attack n claims put out by manufacturers are always suspect especially w escs. Not even suspect, generally just over-rated

2 Likes

It still seems safer to assume the specs are accurate and to make sure all the wires and connectors I use will be able to handle them. Realistically, I don’t even think I’ll get close to using even 50 amps per motor.

Also no worries as the way you wrote it is clearly to be helpful. The other post was more clearly trying to cause an issue so I just wanted to make things clear to avoid any unnecessary drama.

honestly this means nothing, i can put a mclaren badge on honda fit, doesn’t make it zoom at same speed

2 Likes

Some one show me a melted xt90 (not a stoogeboard on 8s).

I have a few qs8s which are ridiculous. I’ll trade you for a properly melted xt90.

1 Like

Bigger being less easy to melt is a big plus. Can put just a 12 gauge wire in the qs10. Be so easy. The shroud part is bigger too. Safer.

U can do 8awg on qs8, and 6awg on QS10

I thought I read even 4 awg.

It’s weird to do just a 12 awg in the qs10 but it has no downsides.

Or sorry forget the benefit of a longer shroud part and it’s a loopkey n doesn’t matter

its funny because i send the exact same video for 2 guys on this forum 2 days ago ! they told me the xt90 can melt at 180A ! lol! i pull 177A peak phase current on my ebike everyday with 18s lipo and never get hot ! and also no voltage dropping ! Voltage is nothing without amps ,
so for the loop you can use 10awg no problem , and yes it can hold fews hundreds amps in peak current ! for 1-3 seconds no more ! if we talk continous it can handle 90A for fews minutes but nobody use this kind of power in esk8 and ebike , and nobody ride at 100% trottle all the time so it have the time to cool down the components, like all of my ebike or mountainboard build, i never have any fire hazrd or melting connector because i know what i need to keep everything cool , and i start with big silicone wire even if its overkill

1 Like