Who is going to Esk8Con and wants to race a Defiant?

We’ve decided to look into racing our board at Esk8Con this year. There are still a few slots left so we thought we’d try to find somebody before time ran out.

Would anyone here who is already going to Esk8Con be interested in riding for us in the races? We’d cover the entry fees and compensation would of course be negotiated.

This is the board in question:

10 Likes

Pretty interesting offer - must be quite confident in the board haha

I’m looking forward to trying one of these at Esk8Con!

4 Likes

After consulting with my coaches, my team, our medical staff, and of course my family and faith, at this time I have determined:

I am too fat for this.

See you guys there tho :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

i’ll race for you

virtually from school :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

I still haven’t fully decided if I’m even going, but if I do and you still need someone then I’ll probably do it for you. Assuming that you don’t care what group it is ridden in since there is no way I’m racing or even qualifying in the top group. At the very least I can guarantee that my size will not impact the performance of the board.

also, yes, I’m waiting until the last second to even decide about going. I can afford to go but it will take a lot of my very limited human energy to attend

Depending on how soft of bushings you have available, and if I have time to ship my board, I’d even be willing to ride it as is and not demand you let me put a surf adapter on it :rofl: Jokes aside, I should really only be your absolute last second/ last chance choice

2 Likes

I’m bringing 5 or 6 racers with me, I’ve got one in particular who’s very new but monstrously talented, poor dude is currently trying to make short track work on an LSSS. Can’t make any promises, but I’d love to put you two in touch!

6 Likes

same same. Old and one leg not 100% after the car accident. Just gonna be there to watch

2 Likes

Lol Stephen? It would definitely be interesting to see him ripping around a urethane board. Quite the departure from the LSSS he’s been practicing on

I’d say Jonah would be sick on it if he was going lol - but never seen him on the track

1 Like

yeah I’m not racing either. I don’t know how many more times I can fall and shake It off. eventually I won’t get up lol

3 Likes

I’m registered to race, have my hotel and flight booked, but the logistics of shipping any of my boards there (especially my DIY) are becoming tricky, and very expensive, to the point I was thinking of just buying a new one at the event (but then I still need to get it back). This could be a good solution.

3 Likes

sounds like you’re trafficking esk8 racers

2 Likes

But think of the sclpture left over after they cremate you! My children are getting some nice plates, screws rods etc,besides I HAVE RECYCLING VALUE.

Arrive at “heaven’s gate” smoking ,sideways,broken well used. Id hate to have "the creator "
tell me “I gave you this body to have fun with,and what do you do? you bring it back in perfect condition,like did you have ANY FUN WITH IT?”

Can I borrow 1 or 2? It sounds like you have a few you could spare

:rofl:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies and messages! I wasn’t expecting such a response.

I’m wading through them and will start responding to people sometime tomorrow to get more info and get to know everyone who responded better.

3 Likes

We have found our racers! Thank you everyone who responded via PM and Facebook.

Shout outs to @Esk8Cave and @Manbearpig who were both picked and have both been registered to race at esk8con.

Seriously can’t wait to see this shit.

Thanks everybody!

9 Likes

Excited to see it on the track

3 Likes

So stoked to race this thing! Thanks for the opportunity @defiantboardsociety

6 Likes

I agree a 100% with @Manbearpig !
Cannot wait to get out on the track

2 Likes

I was able to try it at esk8con. Obviously personal preference plays a huge factor, but I really enjoy it.

The board is stiff and it felt really stable but could carve well. Had tones of torque and I was not prepaired for how hard it could stop. Would be interesting to see with gripper wheels for the track.

Only real recommendations I have would be,

1. make the side edge curves/cave slightly more aggressive to help turn more sharply.

2. Maybe 10mm axles instead of 8mm.

I’ve got some new parts coming to alter my DIY for some races in Toronto, but might pick up a defiant board after to try using that.

5 Likes