Which esc firmware are you running?

• other

0 voters

3.51 is missing on the list. Out today.

That would be other on the list.

2 Likes

I can’t even remember anymore…

5 Likes

have you guys noticed some pretty vast differences in different firmware versions affecting the ride feel significantly on the same board/same settings?

I’ve been running Acks 3.102 with Jeff’s brake fix for the longest time. Recent updates to metr with the discharge feature prompted me to try the latest vedder firmware.

Acceleration feels about the same, maybe stronger, but I get cogging and overcurrent errors on the latest firmware where I didn’t get cogging or as many (to none) OC faults on Acks fw. I may try warming up the motors a tad and re-running detection, I’m definitely adding caps, but that’s beside the point…

Another major difference between latest stock FW and acks is braking performance. FOC brakes are super strong now, almost scary how powerful the brakes are… I double checked and my settings aren’t doubled or anything… it’s just wildly stronger on stock FW for some reason. It could be the brake fix, but Acks with and without the brake fix there was no wild glaring difference in braking performance, just smoother.

What other differences have you guys noticed? Anyone else been running older FW for a long time flash new FW recently?

1 Like