Where'd the current go? help understanding degraded performance

Wow. Every thread today is a shitshow :joy:

5 Likes

I know now that when you are wrong you would not even admit it.

Credibility down the drain.

Good day sir.

4 Likes

i know you’re new to the hobby but 3 yrs ago logging wasn’t as widely available. vedder’s comments in his forum sufficed for me that the 200a motor current setting was reduced to 120a motor per motor by the 4.12 firmware.

sharts sometimes you’re right but sometimes you need to know when to quit. :joy: It doesn’t benefit anybody to argue semantics

2 Likes

3 Likes

if that wasn’t enough and you like circumstamtial evidence, even the more modern vesc 6 firmware won’t do over 120a motor per motor by default…

3 Likes

Sometimes you have some really good points and a nice discussion over topics I like and most people don’t care, but take people advice please, don’t get banned again

4 Likes

@professor_shartsis isn’t actually banned at electric-skateboard.builders last time i checked

But @devin was

…during a pm discussion w/ jason while demanding he reopen the hummie hub motors thread…

fortunately this forum isn’t hosted in australia. we have freedom of speech over in the good old u.s. of a.

tenor

2 Likes

freedom of speech means folks aren’t actually punished for dissenting viewpoints.

Your temps are significantly lower than mine. :thinking:

how does one embed metr like that?

wow. excited to have more feedback. bemused to find there wasn’t much. :smiley:

1 Like

Copy the url to an empty page line and then don’t enter anything else on the same line.

That day was a cold wet day. Temperature was about 5C.

Here is another record where I hit the soft temp cut off. This was a few days before last year’s Paris event. I believe it was over 30C here in Rotterdam.
This however was not the reason I hit the cut off.
I was also very surprised I lost some power suddenly while expecting more.
It appeared that for some reason one of my motors was faulty somehow. I could feel them physically and one was definitely about twice as hot.
Motor did however spin fine. I still haven’t checked that motor.

The same commute the day before. Same sort of temperature. Motors were still fine.

By the way, both records were with motor amp settings set to 80 amps on each escape.

Also, without the metr pro I would not have been able to troubleshoot the problem so fast that day. Looking at the record and real time info it instantly showed me that the motor was faulty with confirmation from touching the motors.
@hexakopter @rpasichnyk thank you!!!

Second also, I have spare motors of those 190kv open sensored motors (which are awesome and my favorite so far) so I was all good and just replaced the faulty one.

I try to have a spare part of everything just short of building a complete practically.

2 Likes

thanks. that was easy. I updated first post. i was thrown off by preview showing a big grey spot.