Where to get a 58 v fuse

Where are you guys getting your fuses for putting between the charge port and BMS? I know of the mouser web site but I’m looking for an instantaneous buy not a big lead time like every website I got to seems to have?

Anywhere on Amazon? maybe Autozone or O’Reilys but they just seem to go to 32V or do I need to worry about the Voltage that much?

thanks!

1 Like

These will be fine, worry about the Current rating

1 Like
2 Likes

A fuse with too low a voltage rating might not violently blow most of the time, causing a fire depending on what’s nearby, but risking that just isn’t worth it IMO.

Going through the effort of having well made packs, following as many best practices as possible, and then incorrectly fusing it makes no sense to me.

At least we should mention what can happen and then let the person decide what level of risk to take instead of just telling them that nothing bad can happen.

9 Likes

In the EU I use electronics and industrial focused places rather than car/DIY retailers, specifically TME and RS/radionics. Digikey is very similar to RS, and I think Farnell also runs out of the states. If you can find a couple of places like that then hopefully one of them will have low shipping, handling, and MOQs. Most of them are pretty good for small orders here anyway

Sorry I was not really awake yet when I commented on this thread. Did not see the voltage in the title, thought we were talking about 42v packs. 58v might be pushing it sorry

2 Likes

these are great and I had seen them already, but the lead time is massive 3 months??? wtf? I am reading that right? If it was days or even a week or two It would be ok, but the 12 week lead time is too much for me. what is your opinion on a 32 v. 10 a or 7.5 a fuse from auto zone, would it be ok or asking for it to blow?

Luckily, someone on this forum stocks them :wink:

1 Like

I’ll take the 7.5A 52 V (099707.5WXN), maybe 3 of them? that work? I need a fuse holder also…you carry those or have a link for one suited to the fuses you got?

Thanks!

I’ve never ordered from someone off here so not sure of the procedure?

Just send me a private message and I can get those out

@b264 Without me having searched yet, do you know if Mouser has the Mini-blade variant as well? I’m assuming yours are all the full-size?

I use/have the MINI® blade fuses

Hey I do want i would to get some of the 58v 7.5A fuses. Like 3. Do you just solder the wires directly to the fuses and not use any holders. If you do use holders could I get some. Not sure if it’s better to use the holders out solder the wires directly to them.
I would DM you but not sure how to do it?

I typically just clip half the blade off then solder to the stub that’s left, briefly, then epoxy the fuse to the inside of the enclosure. But you can use a holder or do it whatever way you want. The fuses shouldn’t blow unless there is an emergency, and then if that did happen I would just epoxy another one next to it, being overjoyed that my battery didn’t burn down…

I sent you a PM

i love TME
i get my xt connectors from there