where to buy purple hubs?

Hi all.

I’m trying to find some aluminum purple hubs to go along with some purple Luna trucks (10mm axle option). They don’t need to be the same shade. Maybe I could order a set and get them re-anodized purple?

Do they need to be aluminium? Trampa do plastic and same with MBS

2 Likes

You could also try anodizing at home.
I did my Hypertruck base plates, they turned out gunmetal grey instead of white or natural but with tweaks I think it can be done.

I prefer for it to be aluminum, but plastic can work until I find Aluminum ones.

1 Like

Thanks! Seems like it is OOS though.

1 Like

Meepo makes these.

3 Likes

Or go the even easier route and strip and spray paint some aluminum hubs with aluminium specific primer and enamel paint. Can even try using car specific paint for possible extra strength if you can find it in the color you want.

Universal primer can work on aluminum but it doesn’t hold onto the paint as strongly so you’ll end up with chipped paint sooner.

1 Like

Boo, boring!

1 Like

The colors you can use when anodizing are fairly limited though. There are more options with paint plus you could even do some pretty gradients if you know what you’re doing and are okay using a normal paint and then coating it with clear enamel paint. I’ve had finish issues doing that with just a flat one colour spray though so I don’t bother with it. Better to just use colored enamel paint

1 Like

Unfortunately these won’t fit. Too bad too because they are a decent price.

I’ve got an air brush so can paint them pretty easily, but I’m worried how long it will hold up.

I’ve only road tested parts with generic primer on them so far, but it takes at good bit before the first chip occurs. I’d say stick to a simple spray job and it will be worth your time even when taking into account the fact it will need to be redone in the future.

Also I’m assuming you mean an airbrush compatible with industrial use and not a fine art one. if it is a fine art one, then I wouldn’t spend more than a day on any custom art for a part like a hub so that way you don’t get as sad once it gets the first bit of damage.

If I swap the bearings with some 10x22x6 I think they’ll work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any reason you need it to be aluminium?

Also, fuck the board looking nice. I like mine muddy af!

1 Like

these are the trampa aluminium “deep” version
(DEEP-DISH OFF-SET MEGASTAR Hub 3.75x 2.5 Inch)

you will need the 12mm bearing → 10mm axle adapters
(Bearing conversion Spacer fits 12mm Bearings to Scooters on 10mm Axles)

2 Likes

I powdercoated mine

2 Likes

Those look gorgeous man.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Broooo. Making me super jealous. All those hubs look amazing.

1 Like