Where to buy Matrix 2 Bolts

I bent the screws the hold the top truck piece into the deck of my board. I am rocking the MBS Matrix II trucks. I know they are M5 screws and I believe they are 2 inches (correct me if I am wrong). I also have the riser kit (comes with low grade easily breakable screws).

Where can I buy the correct screws in a heavier duty material? Ideally Allen head but Phillips will be 2nd best.

TYIA!

2 Likes

I just go to boltdepot.com. i think (might dependend on deck) they are inch and a quarter.

Also i go for black oxide.

I just got a package from them they are def my go to. Curious if there is a better option as well.

1 Like

SPECS:
Finish: “Oil Slick” Electroplating

Width: 16.3" (41.4 cm / 414 mm)

Axle Diameter: 12mm

Weight: .9 (kg) / 1.9 (lb)

Hollow axle end

Includes 4mm hex head mounting hardware, hex wrench, 1/8” Risers, and Orange (Medium) Shock Blocks

IMG_0909

1 Like

Ew, cannot recommend. Black oxide rusts so quickly.

Zinc coated 12.9 is my favourite, and just paint them black if they need to be black

Edit: the name of the bolt is a truss head bolt, although i’ve had a hard time sourcing them with as big of a head as what the mbs ones do.

Have you reached out or checked the @MBS website if they have replacement screws?

1 Like

I use these in my matrix II. Cant recall breaking/brnding one

1 Like

Ah but which may be strongest? Also black oxide is cheap to replace.

Is stainless 12.9 srtronger?

Edit: im dumb. Never tried the zinc plated 12.9

Stainless bolts have no place in esk8

Black oxide or zinc are just coatings, they don’t impact the strength. 12.9 is the steel type/grade of the bolt, good for high tensile purposes. I believe stainless has its own grades

4 Likes

I’m a noob when it comes to screws and fasterees and what they’re called. Can you direct me? What did you look up / can you send link?

That bolt in the photo was a left over i only have 2 or 3 but keep em as a relic :sweat_smile:. Boltdepot.com will likely have what yah need. If you cant find the right head grab 100 of number 10 washers or diy an antisink!

This thread has some good info it looks like zinc plated 12.9 is your best bet.

12.9 is the best You can have. Also using only12.9 strength category screws for trucks.

McMaster has tree-dialogues that are essentially the best explanation of fasteners in general. Taking a peek should explain most of the specs/jargon to you. You can find what you need via their catalog & then use the info to buy elsewhere if needed.