Where to buy cells Australia

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I’ve had a look around but can’t find the info I need.
Wondering if anyone knows where to get a good price on cells in Aus. Don’t mind shipping from overseas but I know there can be restrictions with shipping batteries. Can get some from eBay for $12.50 a cell for 30q from what seems to be a reputable seller.
Cheers

1 Like

@glyphiks should know

Holy shit

1 Like

There are many places to get cells in Aussie land and it depends on what you you’re after. Below are some of the places open for the public.

www.ecocell.com.au

www.techaroundyou.com

www.tinkertechau.com.au

If you want the holy grail - Molicel 21700 then your best bet is going directly through to a vape store and opening up a trade account although you‘ll need an ABN number. www.vapetraders.com.au and www.oz-eliquid.com.au are a few that do this.

Another point to consider is that battery building services in Oz are pretty good and price competitive. If you’re only after one or two packs it may just be worth your while to have them built as opposed to investing in equipment and inventory to build your own (Getting set up with the right gear can be expensive).

Also don’t buy from ebay, gumtree of facebook market place.

3 Likes

@glyphiks

Any thoughts, cheeser?

2 Likes

@Regular_Michael nailed it.

Only thing I will add is that techaroundyou also have a wholesale option that requires an account set up with an ABN.

Also, i hear that there are still people having success ordering from 18650 battery store. Although it is marginally cheaper to buy from them as it is to buy local, i’ve steered away from that option after a mate had a package seized by customs/shipping authorities.

4 Likes

Thanks for the input. Gold

2 Likes

Reviving this thread as I’ll probably find myself making my own packs now. Is an ABN with some stores still the way to get better prices? I may need to revive mine (if it works that way; I had one as a tech worker).

How much better are wholesale prices versus retail?

Much.

Some stores will give you wholesale prices without you needing an ABN if you tell them what you are using them for.

I only ever order molicels these days, and get them exclusively through Vape Traders.

2 Likes

They retail for AU$13-AU$20. I guess it won’t hurt asking if I can get the lower end of that range? Or can it go lower?

EDIT: yeah, probably aiming for molicels; maybe even those fandangled P45’s if they show up.

The wholesale price is between $9-10

1 Like

I shall get over my introversion and ask then!

1 Like

QB in china are about $4:20 USD i think so thats about right, minus postage if you can pick up would be a significant saving too

Queen Battery in China aren’t an authorised molicel distributor though. Vape Traders are.

Personally i wouldn’t risk buying from QB. VT are local and authorised. If things go tits up with VT, at least you’re gonna have the best chance of redemption.

If you lost a 100+ cell order from QB, I doubt they would give a shit, but you’d definitely feel it.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering how many vape stores are aware there’s demand for cells and they won’t be for vapes.

Also, how many vapers would be willing to offload some of my used cells that I can’t upcycle. :thinking: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I found this. Cheaper than most and also offer bulk discounts without an ABN.

BUT

I saw somewhere that a guy bought something from them, didn’t get a response for two months and when he got his cells, they were a different brand.

Thoughts?

Pretty sure @Pottsy has purchased from them

1 Like

ive never had dramas with them, only bought 50e cells from him, threw in a free tester tesla cell too.

i spoke with the guy who got his cells too and i havent purchased anything from them since the incident. ill probably buy a smaller batch next time just in case

1 Like