Wheelie/Manual mode for a skateboard

I mean… it could be… this is the petri dish of esk8 culture

4 Likes

Ahaha, Jake is a crazy man :rofl:

@Gamergirl
Not unless you are as crazy as Jake… Or run 10in wheels with torque/deck to do manuals

1 Like

yeah he’s the best. If I need something broken, he’s the guy. If he can’t break it, we give it to our friend Matt. If Matt can’t break it, I endorse it.

2 Likes

Ahaha, didn’t Jake break the Arc200’s?

Yes. But it took Matt to break the Maytech 100Amp singles. Go figure. BTW matt is a jake plus 60 pounds or so.

2 Likes

Hmm that’s interesting… is there anything he hasn’t broken?!?

Yeah. The Flier 300 amp e-switches.

2 Likes

Can you buy those anymore? I looked for them a little while ago and couldn’t find them :grin: If I remember correctly they were pretty phat right?

1 Like

they were big, and you had to buy five at a time, but I think I saw them recently on aliexpress.

2 Likes

Ahhh yea that’s how I remember them being… I want to see jake on the Dinghy and then on his monster board in one video :rofl:

1 Like

Boom.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of buying a MPU-6050 as they’re just $5 on amazon and throwing it in my eMTB build with the balance mode. Not sure if it will work but it can’t hurt to try. If I can’t get it to work I can use it for something else. Would be cool watching my boosted friends shit their pants when they see it.

2 Likes

If you dont have a tail behind your wheels, its gonna be super impractical to try to balance. I moved my mtb truck to the center of the board, and that works great.

2 Likes

Thinking this would be way easier with the cheat mode but I may be wrong.

1 Like

its 5$ so go for it :slight_smile:

Certainly wont be as easy as riding a onewheel.

2 Likes

Lol I was planning on trying that.

Go for it plz. You are going to need a stupid amount of power and a pretty lightweight battery.

Maybe just a lot of core muscles :smiley:

1 Like

I’m running lipos now and 80a motor 60a battery each VESC so hopefully I can do it. I’m worrying that it might get a lot harder when I swap the lipos for the 10s8p pack I’m working on.

1 Like

If you just want to do a short run of acceleration i can see it being easier than a remote, but i cant imagine trying to wait for a light to change while balanced at a stand still in that position :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

my thoughts for a sort of seamless wheelie mode board remote solution

I’m redesigning the Mini to accept an 18650 cell as a power source anyway, so when I do I’ll put channel two as a thumb-wheel on top, in normal thumb-wheel position and leave the trigger.

use the trigger as normal for esk8ing and use the thumb-wheel for wheelie mode
when you activate the thumb-wheel (and hold it) the board will manual once you angle it to the wheelie-mode activate angle and you ride around in manual mode…

but when you wanna ride out, deactivate the manual mode and now you can use the trigger for throttle…

I just have to obtain an RC module that will either or from the thumb-wheel servo to choose which signal the the VESC seems as controlling, the normal trigger or the IMU, on the breakout board, I’ll simply cut the signal line to the inactivated remote or the IMU

any thoughts?

(obviously going from manual to normal seems pretty easy~peasy, but because of physics I think the board should be stopped to enter manual form normal… think about it)

2 Likes