WheelEEZ Fosterqc projectie'z Balloon Beach Wheels Sand Skateboard

I think design a prototype patent that shit and sell it right back to the company that is producing them.

2 Likes

how about I cut slices of old bushings I donā€™t want then attach those

casting my own thin strips to wrap across would hold up better though I think, using a printed mould and tough material.

@RipTideSports would you be able to advise me on how to attach urethane to urethane? their surface is slightly textured.

3 Likes

What about neoprene gasket strips

1 Like

haha sorry gotta laugh you really think you could drive on those? I need something that will not fall off and pollute

hence tough urethane in large pieces covered in adhesive being best I think.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/bonding-and-assembly-us/structural-adhesives/urethane-adhesives/#:~:text=Urethane%20structural%20adhesives%20are%20two,not%20require%20moisture%20to%20cure.&text=The%20combination%20of%20flexibility%20and,choice%20for%20bonding%20dissimilar%20materials.

oh Polyurethane glue and flexible epoxy right

Other options I considered besides attaching stuff by glue is wrapping rope around before inflating and that would give a rougher surface. The wheel hub I make could have holes through it for the rope to pass.

1 Like

Youā€™d have to have ultra tough glue. I imagine the rigidity of the bushings would cause them to tear off. I thought neoprene or rubber because it would flex w the wheel as you drive over hard surfaces. The bushings would force the wheel to flex around them I would think.

2 Likes

The master is typing. :flushed:

1 Like

Roughen both surfaces and clean with acetone then use a moisture activated urethane glue like Gorilla glue

4 Likes

I said cut slices it sounds like you think whole bushingsā€¦ I donā€™t have that many.
they would be pretty small but they might still come off and a wrapped material could be better.

Maybe I should try wrapping it with stuff first then the glue.

I was thinking if I cross wrap it tightly then inflate the wheel would have a lumpy surface instead of smooth but I bet it works fine and it would impede it working properly on soft sand.

there seems to be plenty of traction due to the low pressure.

@RipTideSports ā€¦ what do you guys do with production scraps?

1 Like

I bet I could use strips of rubber from bike tires wrapped around

1 Like

We have defects but no real production scraps like a wheel maker would have

4 Likes

like I said if I really wanted thane to glue on I would rather cast my own long strips.

Can you melt them back and reform them? (I have no idea of the chemistry of urethane.)

1 Like

would assume it modifies the properties

1 Like

Comes with treads :joy:

1 Like

You canā€™t melt thermoset polyurethane and reform it like that. Itā€™s closer to epoxy in that regard.

4 Likes

I bet I could get a kids bike tire the right size and just get it stretched right over the middle no cutting strips and wrapping.

interesting how you can repair these wheels punctures and rips with a soldering iron, I am actually really excited to try out a roadside tire repair with a ts80

suppose it is just like melting and burning not being reformed or something idk.
1 Like
5 Likes

Would you ever attempt a inflatable PU wheel? I know you were working on some secret tech that was something quite different.

I am thinking about trying it to see what kind of failures it has

wanted to ask @CHAINMAILLEKID about it
wrong tag sorry

2 Likes

Circling back to this. The tire itā€™s self is 24 x 12.3 cm (9.4ā€³ x 4.8ā€³) thereā€™s gotta be 9.5x5 tires.

2 Likes