WheelEEZ Fosterqc projectie'z Balloon Beach Wheels Sand Skateboard

Wait that defeats the purpose :sweat_smile:

1 Like

well, I was thinking for something where you want the low pressure softness combined with the grip of rubber treads… I think it really does have enough traction unless on snow and then I think I should have some cable chains basically. Heavy offroad is what I was thinking I guess with rough trails.

1 Like

I like the idea of the bike tires if you use them as “chains” then it gives you added grip amd is still bendy

1 Like

No, we use Thermosets, not Thermoplastics

2 Likes

There is no such thing as tire slime for PU wheels is there?

Those wheels do look like a lot of fun.

2 Likes

nah I think I’ll need some more speed hahaha

Such a fun Project, I would love to build a Beach Buggy Esk8. I have the perfect deck

1 Like

I’d love everyone to throw a prediction for what they think it will do for that.

might be like 50Wh/km?

1 Like

with the BN AT 1:4 bit more reasonable

7 Likes

We actually use these wheels on paramotors…
right now I’m actually working on a project that uses very similar tires. Give me a week and I’ll have it up and running.

9 Likes

Awesome! I was a little disappointed with how many engineers I see using these but no CAD models being available anywhere of any of the wheel models.

Those kind you have look a bit harder, have you used the same type of wheeleez wheels exactly?

I am excited to get a model of the hub printed to test fit asap.

Wondering what bearings I should try to use. 608 is tempting because I bet I could get away with 4 of them on a 8mm shaft.

1 Like

I personally don’t use wheeleze tires, they are pretty heavy and leak air bigtime! Also having a grooved tire helps with steering. Wheeleze tires like to slide instead of steer. They sell hubs for the wheeleze tire, but I think they are 1" fixed axle with bearings in the hub.

1 Like

Yeah it would have helped me model my own hub for this wheel, and I could have designed a kind of gearbox/pulley mount adapter that fit into the hub, but I ultimately would not have a use for the hub so I skipped it.

Might grab it later and I think I want to get the hub when I order the 12" version because making an AT gearbox adapter to that one should work good.

lots of space.

really not sure why I did not get the hub… thinking about it I could have even just printed spacers that let me use whatever size bearing I wanted.

3 Likes

are you sure it wan not the knockoff balloon tires you are thinking about because they mentioned that being a problem.

will be good to see how this one does.

This is the only large pulley I have on hand.
smallest motor pulley is a 14T

look at the way those bolt holes fit with a little clearance

printed part in the middle, prob don’t need that big lip there because of the hub spline doing the locking.

2 Likes

hope that’s accurate

Needs a tiny bit less overall diameter to slide in nice I think. Fits better than what I was guessing but I was fairly detailed.

Now to check the other axis

1 Like