WheelEEZ Fosterqc projectie'z Balloon Beach Wheels Sand Skateboard

Needs a tiny bit less overall diameter to slide in nice I think. Fits better than what I was guessing but I was fairly detailed.

Now to check the other axis

1 Like

got the textures right, that always bugs me

This is still tight especially when slid over the mould flashing in the center but I think more possible to slide a longer body in it. The tips of the spokes could maybe be taken down .25mm.

1 Like

I bet it would need an offset weight from where the valve tube is.

2 Likes

That’s a wide ass tyre damn!

2 Likes

is that super thin edge ok? my plan is not to use bolts but instead fill the holes with glue and use threaded rod.

epoxy > glue

2 Likes

JBweld and some old epoxy is what I got at de moment, seems appropriate.

What bearings would be best for beach applications?

I guess I am more not sure what size to use. For when I try to make a kid’s onewheel out of it it would be good to have a larger like 10mm axle but for the electric freeboard 8mm I could get away with.

haha I am sure the 12" is much better suited even if the rider is a child but might as well…
here is the specs with 15/60 gearing.

dropping to 12t which I have on hand lowers the speeds to this

might as well start doing these calculations for the 12"+ wheels as that is where this goes…
Guessing I will be custom machining (print maybe) pulleys with 100+ teeth.

42cm tire 16:200 gearing

that’s kinda like the XR top speed… I’m sure it would never reach it but maybe

Xr top speed is about 28mph depending on weight of the rider. Some adults have hit 30mph.

I feel like that’s in ideal conditions and isn’t very safe to do. I’ve heard more like around 17/18mph is the highest safe speed for most adults on the XR.

2 Likes

If you only hit 17mph, you’re gonna get left behind on group rides in Miami. That’s basically pint speed.

I just got one of my motors mounted on my project.
170kv 10/72gear ratio 12" pneumatic tires.

5 Likes

well speed is not the game here I figure that the crazy soft feeling and height will make 15mph a pretty good time. Can’t make something the same for the street with these wheels, I would like to crush them on some super rough trails if the tire can hold up to it.

3 Likes

robotzxxz

oh I found this old video showing they made another version with treads, but I guess these older versions have been improved in some ways like air leakages.

3 Likes

you can see here I fixed the model to a workable sheet metal design. Doubling up even 1mm steel should make something very strong… Wait this is supposed to be a kid’s wheel. Clearly kids need quad motor drive and 15S4P 2170.

1 Like

I would make each side’s electronics compartment and footpad one part that could be easily removed from the frame for service or upgrades.
marked in black is where I would put some of the few fasteners to attach this footpad to the frame parts

ESC I actually would like outside these boxes in it’s own case by the motor, but could settle for shoving it inside the case also.

2 Likes

This frame should be set up to power any 10" wheel, ideally the revised wider contact patch Phub tire that @Enginir made and I should be able to order. Oh I guess a floatwheel hub motor entirely also, hmm.

might need to cut that hole slightly wider but you get the idea.

3 Likes

still need a second damn wheel

maybe I will get another small one and then the 42/49cm one for the back

Make a WHEEL-TLTEEZ

1 Like

here is where I would get started for designing my own version.
some really nice board-mounted footage

2 Likes