Wheel Diameter Discussion

I have trampa superstar hubs. They fit 6.5,7 and 8“ tires

2 Likes

97s right now and they’re super soft and soak up 95% of the shit I run over just fine. Was running 90mm clones and I would not recommend them
All depends what your gearing and desired speeds are too.

Regardless, the more rotational mass you add, the worse acceleration performance and braking performance will be. Just a principle of physics.

If you go big diameter wheel, you might want to also consider larger diameter everything else. Trucks, motors and battery.

1 Like

I’m also running 97mm, and they’re pretty great. Definitely an upgrade from the 70mms I used to have lol. You can still feel the bumps from rough terrain but it’s not painful - not much worse than regular asphalt.

Do you know I forgot either of the wheel hubs I mentioned would work as a cheaper option than superstar hubs

How much do they cost?

Just get superstar or mbs hubs. They not much more expensive and you get the right pulleys and sprockets for them

3 Likes

Thanks a lot

I like my 110s but I have 6 shooters and they go over anything. I just don’t like the rolling resistance of air tires.

4 Likes

I just changed from the TB AT tires back to 107s. As nice as pneumatics are, I really don’t like that range lost as I’m trying to discover more trails and routes right now so I want to go further and further without worry about getting stranded.

But pneumatics are awesome for riding with very little care about what it in front of you. And now that it’s getting dark earlier its safer to not having to stare at the ground right in front of you.

2 Likes

On thanes I’ve incrementally gone bigger and bigger, since trying out bergs though I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to thane.

Somebody has said it before but it does start to feel less like a skateboard and more like… something else. But now I think I wanna go with even bigger pnumies.

1 Like

What about hypa hubs

They are cheap and are they any good?

Somebody has said it before but it does start to feel less like a skateboard and more like… something else

…like a electric skateboard (or electric vehicle with urethane wheels or pneumy tires) :wink:

is there any estimated date for release ?

i really want some plush urethane better than 107s, and i dont necessarily wanna try the boosted 105s

1 Like

do you go on dirt/gravel on your 107’s?

no, there’s a time, place and wheel for everything. I ride mostly smooth bike trails here. Many have a dirt hiking trail parallel to them

5800c4fdfb9144a7d93e91a9e5892fbba1d86649

5 Likes

They are in production right now. @b264 you’re going to have to elaborate on your thoughts with these wheels.

If you want Thane plusher than 107s the upcoming 74a 110s will be a great option. Im back on my 107s for now since Brian took them off my hands to give them a go, but as soon as these come out I’ll be snagging a set. They are so much more plush than 107s, I won’t say it’s out of this world but it’s significant enough to make a huge difference. Where my legs would be rattling and board losing grip due to vibration on 107s, the 74a 110s just float like clouds and stay gripped.

I’d love to compare to the boosted 105s, but I’ll save my money for TB wheels I know I love already and wait for other reviews.

4 Likes

@BillGordon initially told me about these, id really love a comparison with the boosted ones, but ultimatly i guess ill want the tb 74a’s aswell

1 Like

This is fun here’s my list:

78mm mach1’s - these are in the mail, will report back once I have them and Moon’s gears for emm
80mm o-tangs - fun, like the edge but a little on the small side for messed up roads.
90mm hyperdrives - feel great, kinda drifty, super durable from my experience
97mm evolve (old ones) - One of the best feels I’ve felt second in feel to the boa’s for me. However, core is complete trash and deteriorates over time. Still fantastic thane feel, nice sharp edge, drifty
100mm Boas - hands down best feeling thane wheel I’ve had. Perfect offset, predictable release points, super sketch in the wet
107mm evolve Abecs - loved emm for the clearance and smoothish ride, didn’t like the offset too much but still quality thane, I managed to chunk mine up a little but nothing crazy.
110mm Tq boards - nice offset, need to wear mine out more, they feel solid and kinda like they’re ready to drift out on you at times.

6.5’’ trampa urban treads - felt good they seem to wear fast tho. I like the way the look too. not as cushy as 7 or 8 inchers
7’’ innova’s - good cheap tire, I like them more when worn, they get a nice flat spot on emm which makes them feel better carving
7’’ Xboard tires - just got these trying them out this weekend, will report back, but they look and so far feel fantastic
8’’ innova roadies (from trampa) - loved emm, like riding on a cloud, right now second fav air tire
8’’ Primo Alphas - favorite air tire atm, the knobs on them are just enough to kinda “flatten out” the contact patch of the tire out of the box and as they wear the contact patch just gets better and better

hope that helps, happy to answer any more specific questions, I know I gave pretty general reviews for each.

13 Likes

110mm Tq boards - nice offset, need to wear mine out more, they feel solid and kinda like they’re ready to drift out on you at times.

6.5’’ trampa urban treads - felt good they seem to wear fast tho. I like the way the look too. not as cushy

…and there’s a business opportunity between 110mm and 6,5" pneumies not addressed yet by urethane wheel manufacturers. Lets set a limit with the smallest pmeumies found today, the 6"… (at 2,54 cms or 25,4mm per 1 inch… that’s 152,4 mm).

So there is potential for urethane wheels inside the 110mm to 152mm segment. Theres room for a new breed like the newest 120mm (iWonder), and future 127mm or 135mm wheel sizes!:metal::grinning:

2 Likes

new batch finished, now shipping from China :slight_smile:

3 Likes

please accept scrutiny of urethane wheels heavier than an Ali 6x2

2 Likes