Wheel comparison thread!

But I would consider waiting for the 72A TB110s. I think they are even better and you will without a doubt be able to tell the difference.

5 Likes

Thank you for your advice!!! :raised_hands:
Apparently, I need to save up money for new wheels…

2 Likes

When’s the release date on the 72a?

1 Like

That I’m not sure. Especially given the state of everything right now I’m sure things are pretty iffy. Best bet would ask @torqueboards ???

2 Likes

@jxslepton - No ETA yet unfortunately. Won’t know until this outbreak is passed us.

3 Likes

Looking for someones thoughts on.
New Boas vs Abec 107 vs TB 110 74s.

I’m pondering getting the Boas.

These would be to replace the cloud wheels that just broke on me a few days back.
They were probably my favorite wheels at the moment and l already miss them.
But I am not so sure I’m going to want to ride them again.

Here is the deck they were on.

I love the TB 110s but I have them on a very similar set up.

I have abec 107s but after the TB 110s they live in a shelf.

The Cloud Wheels were really good and different enough from the TB 110s to keep both these boards interesting…

I guess my question is are the Boas really good and different enough to make for an exciting experience…

I put the six-shooters on the board for the time being. But I did not enjoy my ride today as much as I was enjoying the cloud wheels…

2 Likes

How can cloud wheels ride better than 6" pneumatics?

1 Like

We get some to trying and I give to my friend to riding. He really liking this wheel. Also @longhairedboy also liking this wheel.

3 Likes

For me it was the lower rolling resistance and much better range I got with the clouds.
And they were still super grippy and able to roll over most everything…

1 Like

What pressure do you run? I’ve had mine at 60 PSI and I’ve been getting decently low resistance on them

2 Likes

I had them at 60 as well. But I’m at 230lbs…
My love for the clouds was really a combination of getting the gearing just right and them jiving with the deck…
I like the six-shooters but they really belong on another deck I have to build a battery for.
I like the six-shooters better with the hexl Tpk than on the TB 218s

1 Like

lol I think my AT board is along the lines of what you’re suggesting…Sector 9 Fautline, top mounted 260mm HeXLs, and Bergmeisters

1 Like

Yep. Only difference really is mine is drop through… I used to have Bergmeisters on for a bit too…

1 Like

TB110 72A be worth waitin for

4 Likes

I don;t have very good waitin genes…

1 Like

@CiscoV what is up with the new Boas dudes? I hear you are a huge fan…

1 Like

if you can’t wait @Sn4Pz has those og boa’s for sale

2 Likes

Peep say they good but most likely they’re still not bueno.
83a thane that rides like 78a?? Wtf is that supposed to mean :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

thanks, I saw those and have been thinking about them, but somehow in my mind I have invented that the new ones are better, (completely unsubstantiated)

2 Likes

Do yourself a favor and buy @torqueboards 74a 110s

5 Likes