Wheel comparison thread!

I’ve recently come across in-line skaters with lit wheels - ie they light up with some sort of LED contraption in them. for a brief moment I felt I really wanted these on my ride as well.

imagine TB110 72As lit as well - THESE would be lit. :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

They don’t need to be charged but they only glow back at the angle the light hits them at. So a camera flash makes them glow really bright but normal lighting doesn’t unless it happens to be coming from behind your head, they were too hard for me and I didn’t like them

6 Likes

Have you seen these?

1 Like

Well after buying these glow wheels at a builder price which remains the same over a year later & finding out that I essentially own another set of 97mm clone wheels with a luminous decal, I’d rather go with the SR 120mm foam wheels or the iwheel clone of that for just under a $100 delivered.

Otherwise Abec 107 will be fiiiine!

Thank you tho for pointing out whatever that is

1 Like

Much better than 107s for me, FWIW. Also, Nexus is considering a GB for Cloud wheels at the moment, in case you didn’t see it.

3 Likes

No doubt Bill but the problem is clearance, now imagine this deck as the platform with 228/220 hangers and cloud boobs.

You can see it bejazzled in the pic with Abec 107s below in @Scepterrs sweet, sweet assemblage.

I can see problems adding more diameter without skyscrapering the platform, no want that, 1/2” max just like Mrs Bill.

2 Likes

I’d like Haggy wheels but that’s not going to happen on a HyperBeast even tho the spiral bevel drive comes with the correct adapters.

2 Likes

Yup, didn’t consider.

2 Likes

Where can you get them for under $100 delivered?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/I-Wonder-electric-skateboard-CLOUDWHEE-longboard_62238202185.html

ok $107…ish

3 Likes

Dunno if you missed this, but if you can wait it’ll probably be a better price

And I’d rather have Nathan (I think I’m thinking of the right person…?) Than some random Alibaba store, he would probably be more open to helping his customers.

3 Likes

Just came across this on the site that appears to be the OEM for the SR foamies. 105mm cloud wheels on deck.

1 Like

Ben. He totally knows what he’s doing, so I agree.

Nathan=esk8 supply

2 Likes

Right, thanks :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

For clearance issues with Foamies, be aware that there probably are no actual 120mm foam core wheels in existence. It’s just blatant false advertising, and I assume part of their elaborate little scheme to pawn off their puny 118.5mm wheels to us unknowing suckers, and take that extra, sweet 1.5mm profit to the bank. :money_with_wings: :rofl: :roll_eyes:

Seriously though, the actual diameter of my Foamies when brand new are:

• 118.5mm at tallest point at center of tread
  • 114.5mm at third tread level (where you’d have a decently wide contract patch after the first two narrow tread levels are worn away)
  • 105.5mm at inside/outside edge of wheel/tread

So, if you can make 107s fit with no wheelbite, you should also be able to get Foamies to fit, or at least be really close to fitting, especially after they’re broken in and the center tread is worn down a bit.

2 Likes

After I bought and tested 3 different sets of wheels recently (97 Evolve, 83 SR, 80 Kegel) and compared them to my previous wheels (90 TG, 105 TG, 107 Abec, 110 TB, 120 Fomies), I can say 3 things:

1. Harder, small wheels feel great if you enjoy that OG longboard feeling. They are great for sliding and ton of fun.

2. Can’t recommend to go smaller than 90mm (preferable not smaller than 97mm) on dropped flex decks to get around town. There is just to less clearance to the enclosure and to less buffer for obstacles.

3. Go with Foamies :grin:

5 Likes

That’s super-informative you win my helpful nerlinger o’ the day award, thank you my friend.

So…I just need to spend $107 & I have thane that feels at home on country roads :thinking:

3 Likes

What wheels have you used previously and how does it compare to the ones you’ve used previously?

Thanks for the pointers mate :+1:

3 Likes

Rumours are that it’s a new bigger wheel. But when? How big? How much? I Don’t know.

2 Likes

If it’s something that’s >90mm with improved happy thane then that’s something…

1 Like