What would a deck need to be considered great?

Was that your first composite build?

First composite deck. Vacuum infusion, soric xf3 cores, Mostly UD CF and some FG and aramid. Learning curve a bit :joy: I had made enclosures before it

I started checking out your stuff on the other forum. I was so impressed I had to double check, tbh.

Cheers dude. It looks a fair bit rougher in real life for some reason. Havent really focussed on finishing it nicely or anything

2 Likes

4 Likes

A battery hidden inside that’s safe, flexible, and high quality. And that’s not too much more expensive than just the battery itself, minus deck.

With only a red and a black wire coming out. Probably a bluetooth BMS buried inside.

So that you can simply buy a batterydeck and then add controller, motors, wheels, and go

2 Likes

You can still use CF, you just need an external antenna. Works like a charm. Source: I have a full CF board with a solid CF enclosure. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

A Prototipo deck. That, in my opinion, is greatness.

2 Likes

oh it would be just awful if you were forced to do something as simple, clean, and tough af as 8 or 9 ply rock maple and water based wood glue.

2 Likes

A modular system of interconnecting aluminum slabs, allowing for free swapping of different concaves, tail angles, etc, along with a modular enclosure to match.

Or, just, build a simple, wooden deck, see what you like about it, and then keep doing that again until you think its perfect.

2 Likes

yeah nail the geometry first then start messing with materials.

1 Like

Honestly, not much outperforms a reinforced wooden board for our applications anyways.

1 Like

i would argue that its tough to outperform rock maple. I will show you decks when you get here that have some funny minor damage, then i’ll tell you how it got there, and you’ll start to question everything.

3 Likes

Im not sure but think some of this info may be helpful to you and your deck making.
My Journal

I would not argue this at all.
If someone needs proof of what maple can handle may I present you with JAWS doing a 25 stair.

This is by far pushing more than the limits of the skateboard itself but is a good way to visualize what 7 plys of wood can do. Longboards typically use 9 or 10 same for mountainboard. So I would assume
they are TANKS based on the above real world reference.

3 Likes

Fuckin hell thats a big drop. Somebody get them boys some helmets. And was that robert smith?! Also, fuck that security guard, idc if hes tryna keep em safe he got in the way and almost killed dude.

3 Likes