What’s MTPA (maximum torque per amp) do?

Its in the Vesc. How’s it work and what’s it do?

4 Likes

Did nothing on my setup when I tried it a while ago.

1 Like

Are you doing stuff with bikes or scooters? A friend used this setting to get more speed in his city coco scooter

Anyone have any more input on this? I’m setting up my board and this popped up

1 Like

I think it has some field weakening effects to it. Been a while since I looked into it. VESC dev discord is your friend!

1 Like

Have you used FW?

1 Like

When I turned MTPA on my top speed changed.

I could see it causing certain controllers to go Pop somehow

2 Likes

A quick Google search found the statement below. I don’t have sufficient knowledge to confirm or refute the conclusion, but it does pique my curiosity on both on the MTPA topic and the controller project this page refers to…

“So, will this improve my ebike or skateboard? Well, probably not much, cheap motors have usually very low saliency.”

Just a couple minutes on hich has thrown me down the rabbit hole to

1 Like

Ignore the gibberish at the end. Couldn’t figure out how to edit it. (Perhaps I don’t have enough stripes yet to edit my posts?)

2 Likes

Which one did you select?

1 Like

I was using a different motor, esc and FW ver than you. My experiences mean near nothing to you.

I noticed different top speed with each mode. Not sure what else happened.

1 Like

It’s hard to find info on MTPA or even how to set it up. I don’t see a simple button. Is there? All I can find about making it happen is this:

Or i see this is an old video and there’s simply a button now which calculates it for you

3 Likes

All I see is those two selections