What places have banned eskates?

Honestly I really want some proper regulations on boards and other PEVs, these dumbasses as my school will go 30mph on the wrong side of the road with no helmet in a 25mph zone and it’s disgraceful

Proper rules regarding where you can ride*, lights/reflectors, and helmets are appropriate I think

*Minimum speeds of half the legal speed to ride in streets, max speeds of legal speed in bike lanes, max speeds of 8mph/13kmph on walking paths

1 Like

That would suck here as bicycles aren’t “legally” allowed to be over 32km/h here. Mind you that’s a pretty loose law at the moment.

1 Like

I think it should be the same speed as cars, if we crash into something it’s gonna do 99% of the damage to us and our ride, but it’s perfectly fine to have massive trucks… something doesn’t add up

4 Likes

Come to Florida.
this is where we do the crimes.

5 Likes

Yes the Danish rules are fine except the first one I mentioned. Unfortunately no danes I know uses Metr.
Oh, and boards arent allowed to weigh 25kg or above :grin:

Also E bikes arent allowed to be faster than 25km/hr here in Denmark.

Is it a crime there?

Nahh. We don’t have many laws. Just like. Don’t kill anyone(mostly) or tell kids that gay people exist or be poor, basically, and anything goes.
I don’t foresee Florida banning pev’s at all ever. Technically you need to be 16, required to wear a helmet at all times. Technically you aren’t allowed to have a board that goes over 20mph as they’re classified as personal mobility devices. But I’ve never heard of it being enforced at all, doubt any cops even know that, and in practic that’s just liability coverage so that if someone gets hurt it’s legally their own fault. Lotta ebikes, scooter population that seems to increase directly with gas prices. Only seen maybe 4 esk8rs in my county ever though.

3 Likes

They are slowly increasing up here in Gainesville. The one wheel population has exploded as well, there’s a herd of 10 or so that group ride every night around 8 or so.

Most of the regulations here are actually only for the scooter rentals covering areas they can’t go, top speeds, etc. I reached out to the city council when I moved here and they don’t apply to me, basically just be safe and courteous (and not poor). Love Florida.

1 Like

It’s a republican paradise, which, since my political view is basically “wiccan” is like 7-8/10, which is deffo top 5 states in this country.

Shithole asshole states. Vote em out then move.

If your in newark come down to cecil countey in maryland. no one gives a shit here you see people riding around on fourwheelers and dirtbikes on the roads all the time. : )

Haha maybe when I graduate, but I gotta stick it out at least one more year

how they gonna prove it goes over 20 lol, they probably cant even stand on it

Wheel diameter and a hand held RPM counter?

well obviously it goes faster when its spinning in the air than with a 70kg human uphill

2 Likes

Maybe they have a Dyno?

Yeah, like they’re gonna carry Dyno’s on em, huh? Cops in the U.S or in my area are cool if you aren’t being wreckless and doing dumb stuff.

The cops here are a pain at the end of each month

1 Like

They bring a tool thats also used for other vehicles.
And they dont care if there are people on it or not - the wheels are supposed to be locked at 20km/hr. Even if you are just spinning the wheels in the air without a rider on it.

Usually they wont judt stop you randomly, but they set up some checkpoints (razzia/raid) once in a while with full equipment out. Quite a bit of people got confiscated their eboards/scooters last time

in my country this is usually how organized crime operates

2 Likes