What is this Sound???

To check if mechanical or cogging you can disconnect the phases and just push or get pulled by someone. I would agree with bboy, guessing it’s a bearing, not ESC related.

This sounds like a motor bearing issue, but without the load that sounds like the microstutters you get at no load. Seems like two different things but bad bearing fits.

5 Likes

Thanks I am having him look into both… Thanks guys

I sometimes get a similar sound on one of my TB 6380’s on a 3d’s helical drive. I’m not sure if it comes from the motor or drive but messing with the axle nut tightness seems to get rid of the clicking.

1 Like

Found the issue! Look what was being used as a washer in the gear drive!

She purs now

1 Like

That looks like part of the thrust bearing that is used in those drives.

2 Likes

It is. It’s also whats used to space the bearing for the wheel pulley in the drive.

3 Likes

So if that bearing was loose or in the wrong spot it could create the sound we heard?

Your gonna need a picture of where you pulled it from.

So there’s 2 thrust bearing assemblies. One under/after the motor pulley. Then one after the mount. So motor to gear drive assembly. That’s 4 of those now.

He uses 3 of those as a spacer under the slave/wheel pulley to space the bearing there.

His got a video of doing a motor replacement on his Facebook group. Also my 2021 kaly 2.0 same thing.

2 Likes