What is the reason for the discharge?

The irony of that statement is incalculable.

It’s always important to remember that our own experiences are irrelevant. Risk exists whether we have had issues with a situation or not. Just because we have been lucky does not eliminate the risk. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, If you want to minimise every risk I’d suggest to not ride a wooden plank going 40mph. :smiley:

Thats why I labeled it as my own opinion. :slight_smile: We need an updated from OP though, to see if the risk he has takes has paid off or not.

The proper advice format is “don’t do the stupid thing, but if you absolutely insist on doing the stupid thing, this is the least stupid way to do it.”
That covers your ass for liability.

1 Like

Should’ve said that right from the start.

I didn’t assume. This was said:

^That shows a clear and willing ignorance of what the failure is currently, what “brand new” is, and what the risks are. Despite advice from who is arguably the most seasoned source of battery related expertise on this forum (which is easily ascertained by a single Google search of his username).

The cost is safety.

And if that safety includes the safety of one’s kid, then that’s stupid. Want to argue me on that too?

Frankly, YOU should. Your advice is half-assed, and you literally dispense it to people who are asking for help, based on the dangerous habit of “Oh…well that’s MY understanding.” You giving people advice is a net negative to people with questions, and you demonstrate regularly that you very much need to do much more listening than talking.

“In and of itself.”
If you’re going to try to insult me, you should at least proofread.

And your opinion is misinformed, and needs reflection.

Because your pride is evidently worth more to you.

You’re conflating riding an electric skateboard with trying to revive a lithium-ion battery that’s sad flat dead for a winter.

That is stupid. Which is very on-brand for you in this thread.

You should label it as “my uninformed and dangerous opinion.”

Brains in ass, confirmed.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not gonna argue with you further, I’m not here for petty “who’s more right”. :smiley:

Yeah. Because you’re wrong.

1 Like

Yep, I’m wrong and you’re right.

I just wanna make sure I go to jail with you guys<3

2 Likes

I know. The information speaks for itself, and it has from the beginning.

Good job though, on saying you’re not here for something “petty”, and then continuing on. At least I am open about being petty.

And in this case, you’re still wrong. How are those anti-lock brakes working for you? If they’re good, you should submit a pull request to Vedder.

Yup, I think we’re goin’ for a ride….:joy:

1 Like

Dude i came back to the forums just to ask yall wtf you doin’ 'ereee. Recharging 0V batteries? Man comon we all have the sunk cost falacy, but dont do this …

And if you do it ffs, have it in a cast iron pan or something so that when it explodes you can hopefully do something with it, put outside or something. And when it doesn’t explode, dont ducking use it on a high power application! And on top of that high power application, you are putting it on a transport vehicle… an instable one at that …

I mean you can revive cells for hobbies, but damn man, this one? Weve had enough PEV fires already.

the recovery continues…

update after 17 months
The battery was revived (may 2022) and left at storage voltage (3.7/cell) until this month… I didn’t have time to test it while driving. I chose a really steep hill for the test, ready to quickly remove it and throw it away in case of a flare-up. The test went ok. A bit warm, big sag, of course 10A Panasonic cells, but she did it. Re-measurement of parallel groups at home. Now 14 cycles with no problem. I just use it. Of course the question is how long.

1 Like

Is saving a few bucks worth burning down your house? Just bin the pack man. This is incredibly dumb. You’re literally toying with your life and the lives of your loved ones to save a few bucks.

1 Like

If it’s going to happen anyway, I love hearing updates on how it’s going.

It must be late but when I saw the title I thought…

Hmm, possibly a bacterial STI. A course of antibiotics will hopefully clear it up

Yeah, I have problems.

It’s obviously worth it so far.

:ok_hand: :bomb: