What is the least intrusive, easiest to escape foot binding?

I like the Tomeboi foot clamps, but they seem too hard to escape from. It seems that a much smaller trap would be just right. Just a lip that keeps you on the board from a standstill. I am afraid of breaking legs with REAL bindings. Anyone know of some small foot traps that are easy to escape from?

1 Like

I would try out some footstops, if I recall newbee has some.

Ive tried newbe foot stops and while theyre ok, they dont provide the attachment that i seem to need these days.

MBS frighten the shit out of me but im persisting on learning them.

Tomiboi foot hooks are the best for me currently, i assure you that falling out of them is easy.

1 Like

Have you had a read of all the other topics on bindings? Having a search and a read will answer most of your questions.

2 Likes

I love the MBS F5 binding (front foot only), tight enough so I’m secure but loose enough so in the event of a crash or bail situation I can easily remove my foot.
Otherwise, the Newbee footstops are a perfect alternative but you wont have the extra turning leverage that a traditional binding will give.

1 Like

If the tomiboi clips are just a bit more than you want just mod them. Take a little off the scoop until it’s perfect for your use case. They’re just plastic - hand saw and a file will get you there

2 Likes

I have footstops in a drop deck. What I need are small lips.

+1 on the Tomiboi’s. Ive got sets on all 4 of my boards. Ive wrecked on them and could bail way easier then froot straps. Justdont clamp them super tight and youll be fine

Exactly this. If you dont clamp down hard, you dont even know theyre there until you lean into it and engage them, i can go for whole cruisy rides without using them but if i need them in a hurry, theyre there.

1 Like

I have one of these for sale.

2 Likes