What is stability, and how does one aquire it.

Loose Trucks are the way to go… He’s spot on… Take it from a crazy guy running 90mm on eveything, Road, offroad, cobblestone, dirt path, and GRAVEL PATHS.

My fronts will bounce like wild children but the autocorrect is instant. on tight trucks id have to counter each rock i pass over.

Its even hard to see with the eye how fast it all happens.

3 Likes

What 90mm?

I certainly agree you can overtighten them and hit a bump and it throws things too whack

I run, Boa’s Orginal Enertion 90’s (1cp wider than ollins) - and ollins.

running CRonins… loose with the right bushing compression and they just auto correct on basis of the Support pin,

Ran Arsenels Over past summer and found that due to the tall bushings but having a small bushing seat provided the right return speed for the trucks to correct when going over very uneven surfaces.

In Combination with front weight always applied you can do amazing things.

1 Like

Do you think stability/responsiveness is affected depending of riser hardness/material?

1 Like

harder, better.

Silicone or other soft risers introduce slop into your steering mechanism and can make mounting hardware be loose or something is what I heard.

OK for pushing around, that’s what I use soft risers for because I got like 4 sets from haggy.

2 Likes

What would you say is the best material?

I find mixing soft and hard (so that soft is compressed) gives a great feeling, But i run slopless trucks, so minor slop (i find acceptable)

But hard for certain (if possible with some dampening properties) works well,

Never a bad idea just to put thin ass shockpads and then your riser though:) (just remeber depending on how you fasten your bolts/if you use washers or not) determines that compression ratio, and it must be equal. or youd also induce baseplate bend

Yes, this