What grinds your esk8 gears?

Can we get a vendors version of this thread? Being a vendor can suck a LOT sometimes. Any vendor knows this :disappointed:

20 Likes

Seeing someone arguing about stupid shit and wasting my reading time

7 Likes

Drunk ladies wanting a ride, and my brother

6 Likes

esk8 not being legal everywhere

15 Likes

Local Shops being super overpriced.
They want 7.99€ for 2! Male XT90 plugs. If you want a pair you have to buy 2 females for 7.99€.
Generally everything Tech related is super expensive, even though you can just order it from aliexpress for 1/4 the price

Our Ebay is filled with Chinese/HK listings, totally overshadowing the local listings which are again way overpriced.

11 Likes

Buying something and realizing it’s on amazon for cheaper!

10 Likes

Should probably avoid humans. Especially on the internet.

3 Likes

Do we have a problem here Mister Skunk? Watch ya mouth!

Mr skunk is my father’s name.
I think… actually I have no idea what his name is. Thanks for that. I’ll go cry now

16 Likes

Don’t cry. Sk8tan doesn’t like crying. Forgive me for triggering some deep and hidden feelings.

5 Likes

Well not two days ago for me…

I used to have one electronics warehouse near me that I could call and order almost any random small electrical cable, connector, tool, etc and they would have it ready in an hour.

They closed it last year and it still hurts me.

I walked in to the place and found gamecube cables for less than $1

5 Likes

Well doesn’t eliminate the flex issue and vastly limits your deck selection and battery needs to be tall instead of flat and between your legs which just looks wonky IMO, really my biggest complaint is the no silver bullets, everything is a trade off. More a complaint about reality than esk8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

When a bigass pickup driver nearly turns me into a skid mark because apparently stop signs don’t exist.

10 Likes

I still cant ride a one wheel, both times I tried I had been drinking…that and having 99% of a build and realising you forgot one small part you cant buy locally and have to wait another 3 weeks or 6 months if its from enertion.

8 Likes

When are they going to make them for men?

Well…You know who to talk to about that…:grin:

1 Like

I got to try out several for the first time last weekend. Ohio One Wheelers held a meet-up and 20 of them showed up.

I rode my 4 wheeled mtb.

These things are goofy to ride as a skater. I’m used to leaning forward and back (left right on a board) and one wheels want you to use your hips to twist and turn.

I managed to make it up to about 10 mph. F braking on those things. About tore my sack open doing the splits because I didn’t hop off with both feet or something.

7 Likes

They look fun but as a skater counter intuitive. Is is just a hipster thing like unicycles. fixiebikes or beards. Motherf##ker how do you stop…

FA4rsxr

9 Likes

They were trying to question my mtb like “how do you carry that to work though?”

I don’t dummy, I build a small urethane board with 4 wheels that still goes faster and further than that thing

An actual BMX guy was at the park talking to us about them and finally goes, can I try it? All the onewheelers are trying to coax him into trying their onewheel (apparently they’re different) and he goes “nah I want to try the skateboard”

:smiling_imp:

13 Likes