What grinds your esk8 gears?

My luck with this hobby.

I had issues with my truck where it was too soft and wobbly/unstable for me. Decided to make a change.

Listed the truck for sale.
sold the truck (not yet shipped)
Ordered a new truck
Fixed the old truck with risers for the shockblocks
Really like the feel now.
New truck comes in
Way softer than even the old one.
Old truck is still sold and now shipped.
Stuck with new truck thats even softer (and cost more!)

4 Likes

How there’s still no MT90 or MT150 or anything similar with screw connectors available. (Or MR version)

mt

3 Likes

Because there’s not any large hobby market/demands for them yet.

Also, by screw you mean bullet?

No, actual screws locking the male and female part together
Closest example I could find are these phoenix contact ones.
Phoenix

3 Likes

Oh. That type won’t work for esk8. Even with properly installed wire ferrules and knurled end grub screws…

If you want something screw down, just use a 3/6/X position distribution terminal with marine grade lugs. Make sure to properly apply blue loctite if going this route. Maybe even red if things are final.

Oh, I get what you’re saying now. That’s a bad image for what you’re conveying I think. Those are just panel mount screw down terminals haha. Not screw together connectors

I think at least. Who knows maybe I’m fucken tard. I know what you’re talkin about tho.

2 Likes

Well ideally, a round screw connector with 3 5,5 bullets and 6 smaller for the sensor wire throughput. But I thought that was asking too much :smiley:

1 Like

Amass… is getting close. Have you ever looked their entire catalog? They have some locking (but not screw) power and sensor connectors. Just no 3/6

https://www.te.com/global-en/plp/automotive-connectors-hvp-800/Y30DrX25dv.html?q=&n=41621&d=545389&type=products&samples=N&inStoreWithoutPL=false&instock=N

2 Likes

What grinds my gears?

Youtubers who promote/review esk8 products while having no technical understanding of the said product they are testing. I’m sure you can relate.

I call them Marketing Wanketeers (or brand ambassadors if I have to be diplomatic).

9 Likes

Thanks for the hint. Looking at 100+ euro not even inc shipping for 2 male and female 3 pin connectors suitable for 70 A

Example: https://www.mouser.be/ProductDetail/Amphenol-Industrial/ELP3Z03?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs7eK6h2EBtKrBVNgqPYMNy%2Be38YUelnOA%3D

I take back everything i said about the new truck :sweat_smile:

The softness i felt was just standing on it at home. I just took it for a spin and holy moly does it feel good.

My turning radius has been decreased by I’d say 30% but i can finally get up to speed. Now i just need to fix those damn wobbly tires!

5 Likes

you switched from mbs matrix II to trampa infinity?

Yup. From mbs matrix 2 with red shockblocks to trampa infinity with the double mounting hole and trampa barrels on the outside position.

2 Likes

200 and 150 surf rodz do not have the same styling. The 150 is all rounded off as opposed to the square sharp edges 200’s. Not a problem but now my front and back don’t match!

5 Likes

Yeah, Trampa channel trucks with elastomere dampers are awesome.

2 Likes

I cant think of anyone who said elastomere dampers are shit

2 Likes

yeah i didn’t excpect that. Do you have any experience on them getting softer? If they were to get softer, any change on tightening them down?

Elastomere dampers are shit.

8 Likes

I got the OG e-toxx ones, they’re adjustable. I guess you could add washers for spacing to the Trampa ones?

1 Like

Not watching how much battery is left…Now gonna have to walk 3.5km home.

12 Likes

Push home? :joy:

1 Like