What grinds your esk8 gears?

How ? Insert context man!

Got on the board, the moment I give it full throttle wheel pretty much locks up.
Took the vesc6+ apart, DRV is blown and won’t even power on. That vesc was water damaged, maybe it finally gave out.
That motor runs fine with the healthy vesc, but could be intermittent internal short too :sob:

6 Likes

USPS is fucked I’ve had packages take 3 weeks before getting any delivery updates still waiting on packages from early may.

2 Likes

There’s a fucking Hold My Beer section and I didn’t know! :triumph::triumph:

https://forum.esk8.news/c/how-tos-and-mechanics/hold-my-beer/42

4 Likes

It’s new and not populated yet. Hopeful, though.

3 Likes

Here’s a candidate!

3 Likes

I almost finished with rebuilding my board (esc) wise and i gotta say…The neobox case design is the most retarded thing i have seen in a while. Serviceability 0/10, holy shit is that bad.

6 Likes

Remove screws, use tape

I need screws (for now) to keep them in place

Just in case anyone is wondering, the bolts on the Flipsky Mini FSESC 4.20 are actually made out of ABS.

2 Likes

Damn they really cut corners on the screws ?
Can’t even justify spending 2¢ on pot metal screws :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly

1 Like

Being told with total confidence that Neoboxes are good thing and ready to ship that was nearly 3 months ago. Every now and and then looking at the official thread on here some advising patients and others affirming it’s all normal. Then I leave it for a couple of weeks and it’s a total shit show. Like a stock market crash and I’m left to vent a little bit here FML. PayPal dispute it is. FARK I don’t have money to burn on this shit. Well I guess I do really I have been a lot poorer in my life but you know… Fark. Got any tips on a legit substitute for the substitute that it was.

3 Likes

Maybe its to prevent shorts? :man_shrugging:

If not… Garbo

1 Like

The JST connector “standard” on vescs and other esk8 stuff… it is not a great connector for a high vibration environment. I’m sure there are alternatives out there that would be better suited for our application but sadly I feel like its too late.

I cry every time I connect one and feel how loose they are seated. Big sad :frowning:

3 Likes

I do too, but then I go right over the top of all of it with thicc acrylic so that none of it will ever move … or be reused

3 Likes

he’s now out of n00b-land spreading his crap on other threads, dispensing his vast knowledge…

may be easier to hit the ignore button… hmmmmmm

Jed got everything handed to him… BOMs, Gerbers, the whole shooting match… all he/she/it/they had to do was design a heat sink and (the stUUpid case)

and they fucked that shit up

5 Likes

Glad to see that you’re replying to a quote that was from before I joined. Wasn’t able to figure out who your talking about but glad it’s not me. lol

1 Like

nah, bro… you’re k00l… it’s some other k00k…

:crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like