What features should an eskate backapack have?

Is anyone interested in backpacks for packing around your skateboard?

My 17yr old daughter is moving on to her third sewing machine after several years of making stuff. This machine can do leather and other heavy materials. She’s sold a lot of masks (covid) recently. She has made bags, clothes, etc but wants to try to make some more durable bags. She is willing to prototype a backpack. There are several longboard backpacks out there, but most seem pretty cheesy. What features would you want to see?

Any other fabric based ideas? Special cold weather items?

4 Likes

I would like to see straps meant to go on the board so you wear the board as a bag, I have a prototype variant on my gripless analog board and it’s really convenient

2 Likes

A builtin scarf (attached at one end) that gets crammed into a tiny pocket and zipped closed when not in use. A manly scarf, like solid dark grey, not flowers and pink kittens.

2 Likes

How do you do disconnect the straps for riding?

https://etsy.me/2r6AEET
Here is a minimalist solution. Seems like some of these boards need more support and maybe a bit of padding.

It’s got elastic sewn in so it rests tight to the board, then I push it over the edge so I’m not standing on it, it’s connected at the trucks

1 Like

Most existing longboard backpacks don’t really work for split enclosure boards like boosted or meepo. It would be a good idea to add some optional padding that could somehow fill that gap.

2 Likes