What can we code?

C++
PLC FBD & LD
Logo FBD & LD

all I hear is “I don’t really want to store my objects in a database but I have no choice, so why should I care about relations”

meanwhile… when a search needs to happen…

3 Likes

Microsoft powerpoint is turning complete xD.

1 Like

I’ve built my own processors on fpgas that were Turing complete. Not much of a feat imo

1 Like

But what’s funny is the lengths you have to go through to PROVE that it is xD.

Last I checked, the guy was partway through implementing the 8086 instruction set on it xD.

2 Likes

it’s a low bar, but since people like to have some metric of what a ‘real programing’ language is…

of course, I think a good metric of what makes a ‘real coder’ is how much time they are willing to spend quibbling over minutia. not necessarily how good of a coder, just how much of one they are :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fair enough but that did remind me of this little gem

Or this

The Pokemon one is especially amazing. Pokemon (as a game!) on Gameboy is Turing complete because bugs can be used to overwrite the assembly code instructions. So overwriting memory using various items allows the building of instruction sets and then just overwriting the PC load value will get it to execute whatever you want

Here ita used to build a midi player from scratch.
http://aurellem.org/vba-clojure/html/total-control.html

2 Likes

Scala
Java
Rust
C++

Once you learn Scala you never want to do Java.
Once you learn Rust you never want to do C++.

Visual basic only.

Like, why would you need anything else?

2 Likes

you don’t really. Once you have VB in Excel, its all over. Nothing can’t be done.

4 Likes

Yup. Including using VBA to generate an entire framework to build a multimillion dollar company out of

See IGXL by Teradyne. It’s just software to the customer. But to us we actually have entirely fresh compilers behind the scenes.

1 Like

Haha. You beat me to it…

little bit of arduino C++ :joy:

1 Like
  • C + inline assembly
  • C++
  • C# + .Net
  • Ruby
  • Python
  • LUA
  • Bit of Java
  • Bit of JavaScript

giphy-78

4 Likes

I do macros in Excel, does that count?

Nah, only sheets matters now. Excel is boomer shit

1 Like

Yes, that counts.

Sheets is utter trash. I have a hard time doing anything other than esk8 build lists.

1 Like

Is that not what programming is?

Fuck.

1 Like