What can we code?

The ones i use everyday or frequently :

• Javascript ( + html/css-less-sass if those count as languages)
  • Val3 (not sure we will have much use for this one, but here it is)

The ones i used to work with :

• C#
  • Delphi
  • Flash As3
  • Php

Plus a shitload of others i learned in school and never really used anywhere else^^

3 Likes

PHP and Javascript are what I am most familiar with. Web dev by trade so don’t get an opportunity to use much else regularly.

2 Likes

can confirm

4 Likes

Me too, COBOL and FORTRAN too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, other EE’s do exist on the forum :O.

3 Likes

I sure hope so!! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Havn’t written a line of code volontarly in a few years(cause fuck software). I do read code frequently tho.

• Java
  • C
  • Assembly
3 Likes

Java
Swift
C
SQL
Python
PHP

1 Like

Python
C#
Hscript
Vex

1 Like

I’m curious to know why you read code, but don’t write it? I don’t understand why you would need to read code when you don’t develop ant software yourself?

If you can still stomach working with those languages in 2020, you can make a good amount of money with little effort :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Kind of everything.
Not highly skilled in all but do it as a work. So it’s mostly a matter of how much time I’m willing to spent on that language.

Regarding our hobby I think rust or c/c++ and other robust languages close the the hardware would be the best call.
If we’re talking having nice app, forums, interfaces for our ride datas JavaScript,flutter and all the web/Nobile bros are a the way and probably plenty among us

1 Like
  • Ruby
  • python
  • Javascript / Typescript
  • SQL
  • C
  • bash
  • php
4 Likes

That as been a big esitation for me at some point.
I love money, but fuck mate COBOL

1 Like

Cause sometimes I need to dicuss how code should work in projects, implementing different filters and algorithms can make any programmers head spin after awhile, no matter how good you are. I need to understand code to talk code. Its not much more complicated than that. I design hardware. Both on silicon and on PCB. Can’t study electronics without studying software :man_shrugging:

Opening a compiler makes me yawn. Always has.

3 Likes

Imagine having to implement CORDIC in hardware…

Oh wait.

2 Likes

I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

VBA
Python
PowerShell

1 Like

I cannot :smile:. I have a good friend that still uses unibasic though.

SQL <-- It’s not turing complete, so I don’t consider it a Real Programming™ language, but I’m a DBA so it’s my bread and butter
and
a subset of C++ --I screw around with microcontrollers

2 Likes