What are some good winter riding gloves?

those look the most waterproof I’ve seen - how well do they cope with rain?

1 Like

They are real leather so not really waterproof.
If it is pouring, eventually they will get wet and take ages to dry out.
I have only been caught once under heavy rain while on my board and had to ride 15km to get home, the gloves were the least of my problems.

1 Like

That would solve all the problems.

5 Likes

Half a liter of that with bottom and top coat ~60€

For 50-40 degree riding I rock some thin leather driving gloves:

For anything below 40 I got these awesome cafe racer style gloves off amazon. They wear in real nice, been using them for three seasons now.
Joe Rocket Men’s Café Racer Motorcycle Gloves (Black, Small) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0184NI1CI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_25L1DbW3P03KD

It looks amazing but it seems it is not perfect by any means

2 Likes

Joe Bar Team for the win :wink:

Sorry don’t get the reference??

Joe Bar Team is a very funny French comic series based on cafe racer guys.
The gloves you linked are described as Joe Rocket Men’s Cafe Racer Motorcycle Gloves.

1 Like

The zipper can become cumbersome but for the price this is a real good bargain. However there’s no skid protection.

I’ve been doing some research guys and kinda narrowed my choices down to these two :

Both have considerable side and palm protection.

On the other hand I’m still wondering if using liner will be a viable option. Liner with a half finger glove definitely beats everything else when it comes to dexterity.

There is gel pads in the palms but that’s it. The zipper/ripped wrist is actually why I like them so much. If you leave them unzipped they’re easy to thrown on and off.

1 Like