Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

Has anyone attempted to make a virtual differential?

My thought was to integrate a 3axis gyro into the motor controls to reduce the power to the “inside” motor when leaning hard into a turn. It should greatly improve the turning radius as well.

One more idea, moving the electronics to follow the automotive type system, where you use the CAN bus as they would in a car. One central computer that tracks all the other computers (ESC’s, light control module, battery control module, etc.). I got that idea from the ESC with a battery meter thread.

2 Likes

If u could do sounds played by the motor using the vesc that’d be the tits

4 Likes
13 Likes

That would be awesome and is definitely doable with an update to the VESC FW. I wonder if Vedder or any other contributor would be willing to implement this.

1 Like

18 Likes

So, after 2 rides alongside guys on motorcycles, I began to realize that a 12S6P with 30Q cells doesn’t provide enough range (around 35km) at an average of 35km/h with 165mm wheels. Then I started dreaming about riding the whole N2 road of Portugal which has 738,5km and began to think about how could I achieve that, riding as much as I could during the day.

I noticed a few builds with “extended range packs on top” that have a parallel connection but it might not be enough, so changing batteries would be the best. However, when I was first testing my build I didn’t use threadlocker and lost a screw in the first ride.

Any ideas? How the hell does Boosted allows you to quickly swap batteries without any threadlocker and lost screws?

3 Likes

This is my current dream

3 Likes

This is pretty wacky and off topic even for here, but I had to share.

hangboarding

Was looking around for any boards that people have made with tracks/treads when I ran into this.

There was some brief earlier discussion on treaded eskate. Anybody know if anybodies actually made any?

8 Likes

Wow, well now I’ve seen everything, a human battering ram that can be used in the snow, I bet the vikings wish they had this back in the day, might’ve need a stouter lad in there though, the doors tended to be sturdier back then :grin:

6 Likes

It looks like hang gliding while not leaving the ground.

3 Likes
9 Likes

3 Likes

But would a dog?

Reason 2981 that dogs are better then cats

All animals suck :eyes:

2 Likes

Nah tell me you don’t want this thing at home

3 Likes

Its cute and all but I hate cleaning up shit :joy:

2 Likes

What about this guy he’s house trained

6 Likes

My dogs refer to that as a snack :grin:

4 Likes

Sorry can’t pretend I know what you are talking about

1 Like

You know in Jurassic park when the big dinosaur eats the little dinosaur? That.

5 Likes