Wear proper helmets for MTB - no half caps!

Or for @SeanHacker

10 Likes

Thatā€™s my Carve PDX suit. :wink:

6 Likes

Carve, pure dick xex

1 Like

Just had to do an emergency brake while it was pouring here in London and my board skidded so I went and ran forward (very casually) into some old woman in her car

Thinking I should probably buy a full face

1 Like

what about loose straps + loose shoes? the few times iā€™ve faceplanted iā€™ve been wearing loose tied shoes and they usually stay on the board while i fly away

1 Like

I was riding without heel straps the first year because they sucked. When you are not used to them or begin to use them you fall more often than before especially when losing balance.

I would say heel straps are good after getting some experience and a feeling for MTB. Falling at low to mid speed is mostly ok without heel straps but often only one foot stays on the board.

Heel straps give you better control of the board and you can avoid falls or losing balance e.g on askew surfaces by simply jumping and correct the position or lift the front wheels and rotate in a different direction. After some time I got so used to them that I canā€™t ride without anymore, also hi top shoes are much better for MTB.

5 Likes

Thanks dude. I sure appreciate the feedback. I ordered some heel straps from MBS earlier. Itā€™s cool you can just flip them up if you donā€™t want to strap in( I did not know that. I have only had my MBS build since November I think and I donā€™t ride it everyday so I still have a long ways as far as getting really used to it. But really the concept of coming off one foot coming off and one staying is super extra horrifyingā€¦ That has happened to me but at super slow speeds so was not a big deal. Iā€™m putting on new tires and larger wheel sprockets today so Iā€™m hoping I will get to enjoy the MBS even more with a bit more torque.

3 Likes