Waterbourne adapter with 175 mm Wheels

I am working on My DIY esk8 which I have been working on and tinkering for the last year. I am interested in the Waterbourne surf adapter but am wondering if it is compatible with my board. I am using DKP trucks and 175mm wheels. I think that if I used the waterborne adapter I would have trouble with wheel bite and am thinking about manufacturing a truck extender. Will the extender make it possible to used the Waterbourne adapter with my 175 mm wheels? Thanks

Pics would help but it’s probably fine

I will attach some pics later today

1 Like

I have not bought the waterbourne adapter yet, and am holding off to until I get an idea on if it would work.

Surf adapters on dkp, or are you planning to remove the second king pin?

I’m planning on keep it dkp

It’s pretty tricky using larger tires with the surf adapter. I eventually got mine to work with 6” tires but it took a lot of playing with the order of risers above, below and between the adapter.

The issue isn’t the tires biting the deck, they actually hit the surf adapter itself.

My advice is to buy a bunch of different thickness risers and see if you can get a combo that works.

Here’s how mine ended up looking.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and advise. I may just downsize to 97mm wheels to avoid the whole problem. If I use the big wheels Ill use your advise with the risers. Thanks

1 Like

How about 105mm V2 MAD Wheels? There is a good video from Waterborne testing the V2 wheels. I am planning on building a board with a Waterborne Fin system with the new limiter. I will be using a Boundmotor Octopus deck with 12s3p enclosure.

A pretty good option with a bit bigger then the 97s. I’ll look into it

What size cloud wheels are those?

Surf adaptors on dkps will be like riding mush… cannot fathom why anybody would want this :nauseated_face:

How come? Why didn’t ya like them

Dkps in general have a LOT of turn and a dampened/slow response.

The surf adaptors take this feeling to a whole new level even on rkps. Dkps on surf adaptors is like going kook²

If i were you i’d just put some softrr bushings in the dkps if you’re looking for more turn

Gotcha. I might try them but if they suck I’ll take up your advice