Wate 11s charger issue

Hi Guys. Hope somebody will be able help. I had Wate 5A charger to decide stay with brand and buy 10A version.
Unfortenatly it run 30min and acter that something happen. Iam in EU so using it on 230V. Fuse 5A on input was damaged. So Iam replaced it few times also for 10A and still Just sparks :man_facepalming:. So Iam opened it and probably found case. On positive cable was small cut from switch terminal. So Iam potted terminals by neutral silicone and cower cables. Unfortunately probably becouse tests of different fuses, Iam damaged also NTC. Hope nothing more. NTC changed and now it was looking for me solved but still some problem in becouse input 5A fuse again broke.

Please have some advise how to save money and repair charger? It is 11s so Iam also afraid if will find different brand 11s 10a.

Thank You a lot!

What are the red circled parts supposed to be for in the photos? I see no issues or visible damage where they are. Using hot glue to hold wires in place is not rare for electronics with extra usable space inside them so I don’t think that is an issue at all. Sometimes it is just to prevent them from moving around and rubbing the insulation off, and other times it is to hold them out of the way so the casing can be assembled without damaging the wires.

The only thing I can think of is that the replacement fuse you used wasn’t rated to the same voltage as the one you blew, or this unit was never properly designed to be able to run off of 230V. Even if they sold it with the proper EU plug, it still might not work properly with the 230v input.

Although that might not be the issue. Can you show what this says?

I can’t tell from the picture but it looks like at least that part may be properly rated for EU outlets

1 Like

The red circle is my tuning + NTC replacement. The notes on switches and fuse housing looks like it was designed nor 250 VAC. Just buy sure if 5A input is ok for EU.

Not sure if higher A fuse will help. My wife is crazy from me. Iam switching of complete house when Iam testing it:(