[Wallet Whimperer] BKB Tayto, SR 127mm TKP, FSESC 4.20 dual, 6354, Eboosed Enclosure, 10s2p 30q, Blue Caguama, Psychotiller mounts

You won’t regret it

i was actually more refering to this, aside of your time schedule

1 Like

Much appreciated, good sir.

1 Like

i just built a very similar board… sr 127mm with 85mm caguamas, dual 6355. i went with 93a barrels instead of my usual 90a and used cupped washers all around. that made it stable at speeed but still fun. i had to use almost 3/4" of risers to avoid wheel bite. looks like you dont have much riser on there, how are you with wheel bite?

you’re right about the small wheels and road obstacles. i just had my worse crash ever avoiding a twig in the road because i was pretty sure it would’ve jammed up my wheels.

1 Like

I have about half an inch of risers. Enough for no wheelbite at 97mm but tbh it feels a little high. Bigger wheels would be nice but then I might have wheelbite if I don’t add riser. Smaller wide wheels like Magnums (I’ll have pulleys and wheels soon) would be nice too but there’s not enough clearance the way the motors are mounted now for that to be realistic. I’d need 50mm motors and smaller mounts and probably new belts too. I just think these abecs are crap now lol.

If it ever stops raining and being cold I can get in a ride longer than a mile I’ll figure out more what I like and dislike.

1 Like

How big was this twig? :eyes:

More like a small branch haha. I may have actually hit it while carving to avoid it. All I know is i went flying. Tore a hole in my new lazyrolling jacket (thankful i was wearing it…) Can barely use my right arm right now but thankfully its not broken. Gonna start wearing gloves too now since my fingers are all torn up (was wearing wrist guards but no gloves…)

3 Likes

Thanks sister for the Xmas gift!

5 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

you’d get a little bit more motor clearance if you mounted the trucks on the further back hole.

The clearance on those mounts to the ground make me nervous

5 Likes

Hey there’s a few mm of clearance! I only scraped it up a bit over a speed bump on the way to that photo.

Good thought. I should move it back but I think bigger wheels are also needed. That motor is as close to the deck/enclosure as it can be right now.

2 Likes

Bigger wheels, smaller motors, smaller mounts.

That’s what I need

3 Likes

I’ve got 107 abecs (black)

1 Like

Small little update for this board.

I was able to move up the forward motor mount so it doesn’t scrape speedbumps anymore. I thought there was too little room to do it but it fits fine. Still getting smaller mounts and bigger wheels.

Took it for a nice 5 mile ride last night with a buddy on a Boosted and had good fun. Gotta loosen up the bushings a tad because it was a bit hard to turn at some points. I had it pretty tight to avoid wheelbite but it looks like I have a good amount of room. Even that tight though it is pretty maneubverable if you really jump on a rail. Used to the short deck and tkp’s now but I still feel uneasy at 20+mph. I’m sure it will feel more natural with more time on it.

Oh @Skunk it’s not a 44T pulley on the wheel like I thought, it’s 40 lol. I want a 44t for that extra torque, I don’t need to be going upper 20’s on this thing.

2 Likes

Ok wheelbite was a pretty big issue so I changed down to some 85mm cags I had lying around. Still have some motor clearence. Letting loctite set on the axles so tomorrow I’ll give it a try.

5 Likes

deez nuts?

1 Like

I also cleaned up the inside wiring because previously it had a splitter for two esc’s that was just taking up too much room and made it hard to bolt down. Ran out of properly sized heatshrink So I used kapton, duct tape, and zip ties.

4 Likes

I ordered some of the cheapest off-brand 5065’s from amazon the best esk8 marketplace so I expect them to show up sometime late next month. There’s a slight rattle kinda sound from the front Flipsky so a rock might have hit it a bit too hard before.