[Wallet Whimperer] BKB Tayto, SR 127mm TKP, FSESC 4.20 dual, 6354, Eboosed Enclosure, 10s2p 30q, Blue Caguama, Psychotiller mounts

Bigger wheels, smaller motors, smaller mounts.

That’s what I need

3 Likes

I’ve got 107 abecs (black)

1 Like

Small little update for this board.

I was able to move up the forward motor mount so it doesn’t scrape speedbumps anymore. I thought there was too little room to do it but it fits fine. Still getting smaller mounts and bigger wheels.

Took it for a nice 5 mile ride last night with a buddy on a Boosted and had good fun. Gotta loosen up the bushings a tad because it was a bit hard to turn at some points. I had it pretty tight to avoid wheelbite but it looks like I have a good amount of room. Even that tight though it is pretty maneubverable if you really jump on a rail. Used to the short deck and tkp’s now but I still feel uneasy at 20+mph. I’m sure it will feel more natural with more time on it.

Oh @Skunk it’s not a 44T pulley on the wheel like I thought, it’s 40 lol. I want a 44t for that extra torque, I don’t need to be going upper 20’s on this thing.

2 Likes

Ok wheelbite was a pretty big issue so I changed down to some 85mm cags I had lying around. Still have some motor clearence. Letting loctite set on the axles so tomorrow I’ll give it a try.

5 Likes

deez nuts?

1 Like

I also cleaned up the inside wiring because previously it had a splitter for two esc’s that was just taking up too much room and made it hard to bolt down. Ran out of properly sized heatshrink So I used kapton, duct tape, and zip ties.

4 Likes

I ordered some of the cheapest off-brand 5065’s from amazon the best esk8 marketplace so I expect them to show up sometime late next month. There’s a slight rattle kinda sound from the front Flipsky so a rock might have hit it a bit too hard before.

Speaking of new parts, the pshyco mounts came in today and they’re miles better than the boardnamics ones since I don’t have to fiddle with 20,000 nuts when tightening them down. Smaller and shorter too! Luckily I got some 275 mil belts as well but they’re 15 mil wide not 12. Still loose enough that there hopefully won’t be too much drag.

1 Like

Told ya. Hands down favorite tkp mounts I’ve used.

5 Likes

Tillers site is down. Was gonna take a look at these

I’m not sure what he still has available.
I’ve had mine for a while.
He pulled the site down so he could focus on paying people back money he owes.
I would try contacting him on social media to see if he has any available.

3 Likes

So so so much better than 97 mil abecs.

7 Likes

Nice one dude.

What size shoulder bolts are those? They look like they stick out pretty far. I wanna do a similar setup, but can’t decide between 100mm hanger or the 127…

Also, do the surfrodz kits and hangers come with shoulder bolts or do you need to buy seperately?

100mm is regular 8mm axles, and I imagine you’d have a hard time getting even one motor mounted to it. 127mm comes with 10mm shoulder bolts, endless possibilities… Although I haven’t looked to see if step-down shoulders bolts are readily available… would be nice to run regular 8mm bearings.

The kits come w/ shoulder bolts, the hangers do not.

1 Like

These are the 80mm ones. I could easily have gotten away with 60mm ones.

Why would the 100mm be hard to mount to?

I plan on using mounts like this

And I would only be mounting one motor per truck.

2 Likes

Definitely want to see that!

With fixed, short axles, the pulley will have to overhang the hanger, plus the width of the motor mount. I don’t know how much room is left on the hanger after the bushing mount is attached.

Do those mounts work w/ fixed axles? The way I see it, there’s no room left for pulleys.

1 Like

Thats why i want the smallest hanger possible so I can use a longer shoulder bolt if necessary. You can see the mount fitted here.

Edit: i don’t see any reason why it can’t be used with a fixed axle

I’m making an assumption here that the 8mm axle TKP trucks aren’t removable.

1 Like

Ahh you are possibly right. On the website the 100mm hanger shows a fixed axle where the 127 shows just the hanger.

This may have made up my mind!