VX1 remote potentiometer wire broke.

FAAK.

diffferent FLIPSHIT VX1. I had checked the wires and glued them in place. but unfortunately not at the pot. and it broke off there.

I’ve had 3 different problems today. 1 is now blamed on flipshit. the other two boards issues may also be… I need to get myself into and comfortable with some other remotes. :frowning:

3 Likes

when I fisserated my VX1 I re soldered all of my connections with good quality wire, directly across the PCB and secured it on the top of the PCB with E600 after adding a bit of strain relief… I didn’t like the potentiometer/wire connection either so I routed the wires back under the PCB near those 4 points to the POT with plenty of spare wire…

2 Likes

Yeah. under is probably a better idea.

1 Like

what gauge wire did you use @kook.

aside. I think after inspecting this one I didn’t leave enough strain relief with my glue job. so I basically am the maker of my own failure.

1 Like

20-22ga whatever size is similar… I just used some good silicone wires from my quadbox stash of stuffs

if’n you have a 3 wire servo connector in your bag of stuffs… 4-6" should be more than plenty to fixerate your remote

1 Like

thanks. my bag of scrap wire things is pretty meager.

2 Likes

Junk electronics are gold mines when you need some common electrical crap.

Especially thin wires :rofl:

1 Like

I do like this…

I’m better at fabricating than sketching on a fone…
:crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

ooh i didn’t grok that. I was thinking it’s through hole so if I pull up the pcb I could solder em to the other side.

1 Like

what spec is the pot in there?

Could it be replaced with one of possibly higher quality? Or at least replace with one I haven’t fallen on like a slide puck at 20mph

1 Like

you might could do that… but i’m lazy… i didn’t even move the PCB… I have no idea what the board looks like from the other side

it’s a standard game controller pot… like 3 for 10bux on the 'Zone…

1 Like

Fess I’ve nixed you plan after a good smoke… I don’t like it one bit

pull your POT out where you can solder on the POT comfortably and accurately…
feed the wires under the PCB
pull all the wires gently from the other end
put the pot in
now check length, add strain relief
solder wires to the PCB
then glue down the wires where they won’t vibe or get caught installing the cover

have many beers

3 Likes

I didn;t do it this way… I started at the beers and worked upwards

jajajajaja

Honestly

1 Like

I love the specificity of your advice. I will follow.

2 Likes
  • bit bigger wires. (22awg)
  • bit o heat shrink.
  • better @kook designs wiring path.
  • bit o hot glue

This is much better now.

EDT: hot glue example is sketch. see @kook’s variant below.

6 Likes

Great brother stoked you got the stuffs!!
looks sweet…

maybe a spot o’ glue to keep the wires off the enclosure stand-off but looks fukkin’ great!

1 Like

I offered to fix a friend’s remote an snapped a pik for posterity

22ga wire and e6000 sloppily applied

3 Likes

Adding one more to the collection.

When I applied throttle and let go back to neutral the remote showed a negative input and the wheels abruptly stopped spinning (bench testing) even though brakes were never applied:

Opened up the VX1 to find a bad connection.

Resoldered, secured the connections and wires with silicone and now it’s working like normal again.

2 Likes