VSETT ZERO 9 Split Hub with 8.5x3" wheels + Pulley Group Buy?

Either works :person_shrugging:t4:

IMO printed pulleys would be great. As AC mentioned, because it’s big there are a lot of teeth engaged at once so there’s much less load on each of them. I’m running 48 or 50T PETG pulleys for a year or so now, not huge distance but I’d guess 100-200km

2 Likes

Aren’t you going to order the hub before doing the CAD?
I tried to measure the dimensions accurately but i don’t have a digital caliper…

If anyone else in the US wants a set, id probably just have them send me one to model around and test fit before sending back with the set of 3d printed pulleys.

Hi @surfnacho, don’t worry about cluttering the thread. The idea is to communicate all the information to the members with the hope of making a group order. I have a few questions:

• At what quantity does the production of pulleys become profitable for you and affordable for us?
  • Do you prefer to make a 76T, 78T, or 80T pulley?
  • What would be the approximate price per piece?
  • What material are you thinking of using?
  • How can we minimize the weight while ensuring the pulley’s strength?
  • What would be the production lead times?

Thanks!

3 Likes

And that would be… @Evwan :yum:?

1 Like

Presumably so lol.

I definitely want to make it happen, so let’s say ten pulleys.

I am not sure it really matters. Whatever you guys want :slight_smile:

It depends on the size, internal features, etc. I did some 72T CNC machined pulleys a few years ago for $100/set of 2. I could probably hit that mark again (assuming overall size and machine time is similar), despite being much lower quantity.

Definitely just 6061 AL

Get smart with pocketing…

These 55t and 72t InfinityHub pulleys from a few years ago were super light and plenty strong.

Since everything is in-house now, once the design is done and I have material, I could have em done within a week.

1 Like

I’m a fan of prime numbers. Why not 79T? Then you also never get uneven tooth wear.

5 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll order 2 Pcs. Preferably 78T or 80T depending on the vote :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I suck at cad

1 Like

I’d actually run printed pullies here. Just don’t keep it belts too tight

1 Like

79T is fine

Cool. Ye if you get the vote going and have people interested, I can get started whenever.

Neato, well if we want to go printed instead if milled lmk, im more than happy to mock something up and make a batch.

1 Like

boooo

What about the famous lasercut?

Also viable, just more expensive than a print alone. at that point i’d just look into getting it done proper machined though lol.

I’ll trade my very nice modified 3d printer for your haas any day :wink:

Just mill it from a block of PETG :clown_face:

1 Like