Vescovo Boards: Help us create the best board for you [SERIOUS]

HI @Bavioze. This is important feedback, thanks for sharing. How long do you think it would take you to build trust? Perhaps you could be a potential beta launch tester of ours? Perhaps you could sign up on the site and we can contact you when ready?

The world of additive manufacturing is advancing rapidly, and creating incredibly complex, stiff and strong components. In the future, we will see many parts produced this way.

3 Likes

We sure could, but the info I’m requesting would serve you better out in the open. If that’s not what you want, shoot me a PM mate.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hey @dani, Sure. What kinds of pics do you want to see? We will try and hide some of the designs (a lot of testing and time has been put into developing these).

I did post the materials previously in my response to @DerelictRobot, let me figure out how to link that in my responses in the future.

• 120kg rider
  • FS (factor of safety) target 2.5
  • Impact speeds; 25 km/hr, 30mm block for calculations
3 Likes

Hey @BillGordon thanks! Yes we are half way across the world to some of you, so bear with us at times.

@Jujo, Asbolutely not here to do you wrong, we want to co-create WITH the community. Not sure what bold claims we have made, but we apologies if you feel as if we have mislead you at this point.

@pixelsilva, not intended to boast at all, in fact we want to be vulnerable so that we can learn. Apologies if you feel as if we are boasting.

@kadeanderson, not tired of you at all :slight_smile: Just have to manage other commitments at the same time, and please don’t feel like a slow response is a lack of enthusiasm or appreciation for the time you are sharing to provide feedback.

@abusfullofnuns, nope, we dream of being Vescovo. Creating an affordable but sustainable business model out of electric skateboards is quite difficult.

I will try and actively join each day! We will be hoping to continue to get feedback.

7 Likes

I’ve ran 6355 on 150mm pneumatics on smooth street only and the motors gets too hot to even touch with your hands. I solved that issue by going to 6374s. On a pneumatic setup I don’t this you should consider going lower than a 6364. I’m a 90kg rider Also

@longhairedboy We’re looking forward to letting you break our stuff! and @abusfullofnuns, nothing better than real life testing! Let’s stay connected? Perhaps you could sign up on the site, or PM us?

Thanks @longhairedboy for the support and already reaching out over email.

3 Likes

I feel like cycle fatigue is the real killer when it comes to electric skateboarding.

Many of us break solid metal trucks that can EASILY go over a sidewalk crack with a safety factor of 30 or more, but on the one millionth crack, they just snap in half.

1 Like

AT wheels + suspension are a different world vs PU when it comes to vibration dampening though.

These bigger AT rigs don’t suffer from vibration in the same way skateboards do- it’s night & day in comparison just in how numb your feet get on PU.

2 Likes

Yeaa… but… 3d printed plastic is cheap.

2 Likes

I wonder what happens when these motors heat up while they are on 3D printed mounts. I wonder if heat cycles end up weakening them.

2 Likes

Obviously, the motivation here

1 Like

Welcome vesco boards team!
Looks like you guys already got some constructive feedback on the prototype design.
From my side I would start with the motor position. It’s way too low. Either cover them with a protection system or move them into a more upwards position.
Don’t use Flipsky motors.
I know belts are used by baja as well, but personally I think for off-road a closed chain or gear drive is way better (unfortunately also more heavy)
The concave part on the deck is too short and I would add a bindings option (as min something like freeboard style bindings)
The battery enclosure needs a solid protection from some metal parts and like others said, a 4p battery just will sag like crazy if it’s not made out of 4p lipos.
What else, oh don’t use Flipsky parts. I mean don’t use Flipsky parts :joy:
Any pictures of the 10“ wheels you notice on your website?

Edit: one last thing, a 3A charger just shouldn’t be called a fast charger :sweat_smile: it’s just not a fast charger.

7 Likes

Apologies if you feel as if we are boasting

Not at all. Is just that we have a loooongg experience with new companies like yours, which straight at the bat, come over here trying to impress the audience with all sorts of cucka mania numbers. Hopefully yours is not one of them. Welcome again!

3 Likes

FWIW your design looks solid, basic double-wishbone with inboard coil-overs, and four wheeled steering around a central pivot point, with (hopefully / likely) different gearing ratios for the front and back steering.

I don’t think it’s your design that’s being called into question at all, but rather only your material choice. I understand that this is intrinsic to the design though, so look forward to seeing testing in practice.

3 Likes

FDM prints are tough because theyre not isotropic. I am sure they know this. Careful design is needed to ensure the part can withstand the forces in multiple directions. It is very easy for the part to break like a piece of paper. A print has built in stress and a chaotic structure. Every print layer is a stress concentration. Maybe print with a technology other than FDM?

5 Likes

Yeah this is true, but it is definitely cheaper than other technologies. Maybe they have plans to shift to something better later? I am still worried about delamination on the turnbuckles and stuff

Printing thinner layer and at higher temperature reduces those internal stresses considerably. Heat treating the parts removes those internal stresses altogether.

Hi All,

We haven’t really been filming our testing and explorations. But wanted to get a vid out for you on short notice. We thought the ripple strip of the f1 course was a good place to show you (it’s near where we live in Singapore). We’re not video editing masters…and tried to get an onboard for you as well. Pretty raw in nature, will get some more videos for you overtime on trails etc. Someone requested no music, raw sound.

Suspension over the ripple strip.

A slow motion onboard as well.

11 Likes

Here is a review of my bajaboard I made some time ago you should definitely check to learn from.
https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/review-bajaboard-gx4-model-2017-why-the-bajaboard-is-not-made-for-offroad/80014

I have my second bajaboard at the moment which I am checking/improving in every detail now.

What about a test unit for me? :wink:

6 Likes